The choice

You recalled all those days when you came home after an amazing day to bad news. 

When your first boyfriend cheated on you with your bully and announced his infidelity nonchalantly or when Matt broke up with you after you had spend the entire day planning your anniversary. You had gotten used to coming home to bad news.

However today  would be one of those rare instances that it would be you coming home with bad news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir? Can I come in?" You asked as you entered your Supervisor's office.

"Ah Miss Kaya; Perfect I was just about to call you. Have a seat." Your supervisor indicates you to sit in front of him.

"Here is the file you asked for on the employees who have been nominated." You give him the file as you sit down.

"This wasn't due till Friday and today's Monday." Your supervisor comments.

"Everyone had submitted their nominations already and I had some time so I thought I get done with it." You comment non nonchalantly. 

Your supervisor picks up his phone and calls his secretary to call up the HR Director, he then puts the phone down and makes himself comfortable. Your HR director enters the room greets you two and sits besides you. 

"You know something Kimberly; in the three years Miss Kaya has worked under me she has consistently finished her tasks before time and delivered excellent results."

"I am aware; that is why I nominated her for the work. But ultimately the final decision lies between you and Kaya."

"Ah excuse me? Work?" You interject confused. 

They both exchange glances and look back at you. 

"Hazal? Do you remember the HRBP that was sent a few months back to our branch in Ireland?" Kimberly asks you.

"Yes." You reply cautiously.

"Well according to her research there, the branch requires the implementation of an entirely new HCM module that will streamline their Human Resource tasks and help increase employee satisfaction. Honestly I have seen the plans they are brilliant." Kimberly continues.

You look at your supervisor hoping for some answers. 

"The HRBP has requested a Project manager preferably someone from the Human Resource Department; to take complete in charge of the program."

"And we want you to be that project manager." Kimberly added without hesitation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hit your head against the steering wheel out of frustration as you repeat the conversation again and again. 

You had finally found yourself after so long, you were finally content with your life, you had began feeling like London was your home and you were in a very healthy and happy relationship with Dan. 

You thought to yourself how the last six months because of your and Dan's relationship and the past year in general had been just amazing and then suddenly you were offered a dream opportunity that no assistant manager would ever get offered and it had to be in freaking Ireland. 

You wanted to scream so badly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally entered home and noticed Dan and Phil sitting on the stairs waiting for you.

"Hazal the letter came. I wanted you to come home before I opened it." Dan announced nervously.

Oh S***!