~4~ Night Talks And Boring Day-Off ✔️

Recap: "Somebody's. waiting for you outside. Wants to have a chat," she said, that smile still plastered on her face.

"Who is it?" I pressed, setting the last of my clothes into my wardrobe and turning to face her.

Mia tapped her finger against her chin, an act so casual that it oozed insincerity. "Can't remember the name," she said with a shrug.

I narrowed my eyes at her, but a small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. I had a sneaking suspicion about who it might be. I could barely contain my excitement as I walked towards the door, an ominous feeling gripped me.

...•...•...•...

With buoyant steps, I made my way down the elongated hallway that led to the lush garden in the backyard. I couldn't contain the glee within me, for I had a hunch about who the anonymous person waiting for me might be. But why was I bouncing around like a child in a candy store? Was it because of this person? As I arrived at the garden's end, I scanned the area for any signs of my mysterious visitor.

Suddenly, a wave of confusion hit me. I was supposed to be furious with this person. But, as I pondered on the matter, I couldn't recall why.

"Cease this internal conflict, you foolish thing!" I muttered under my breath, giving myself a light smack on the forehead.

I then stood there, waiting in silence, for a moment that felt like an eternity.

"Stop. Messing. With. Your. Head. STUPID!" I chided myself once more, knowing that whatever reason I had for being upset, it couldn't be as crucial as what awaited me.

A voice from behind jolted me out of my thoughts, sending shivers down my spine. I spun around, and there he was, the one who made my heart race and my thoughts spin.

"Hey," he said, with a gentle tone, his hands tucked in the pockets of his sweatshirt.

For a moment, I couldn't catch my breath. My mind was racing, trying to make sense of why he was here, why he had sought me out.

"Sorry," he apologized, his eyes downcast. "I didn't mean to scare you."

A soft chuckle escaped my lips. "You definitely did, but no worries," I replied with a smile.

He cleared his throat, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I was hoping we could talk, you know, about what's been going on between us. I don't know if there's anything left to discuss, but I feel like we should try to work things out. Maybe it's too soon, I don't know..."

The air was thick with tension as we stood there, two souls tangled in a web of emotions. It was awkward, to say the least, but I couldn't deny that I wanted to hear him out.

"We're already talking," I replied, my voice slow and measured, as if he didn't understand the gravity of our situation. But I knew all too well the kind of 'talk' he was referring to.

"Yeah, we are, but I'm talking about real talk. Heart-to-heart, no holds barred," he said, his eyes searching mine for a sign of understanding.

"Real talk..." I repeated, my mind swirling with confusion.

He let out a heavy sigh. "Raquel, what happened between us at the lake was real. I felt it. I don't know how to explain it, but I want more from you than just friendship. I know it's sudden, but I can't help how I feel."

"Sudden?" I scoffed, my frustration rising. "Daniel, as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing between us that requires such a conversation. We kissed, and that's it. You're my boss, and I'm your maid. Let's keep it that way, or we'll invite more problems from your mother."