Chapter 10

That's right guys we're in fucking double figures i've never been dedicated to anything for this long

Philip's POV

Bang...

Bang...

Screams...

Crying...

Panic...

Lights...

Flashing lights...

Loud noises...

Sobs...

Silence.

My eyes shoot open as I sit up, taking in my surroundings. This wasn't my room. Where am I? I barely remember anything...Hospital. This was a hospital room. But why am I- Oh. I glance down at my arms, memories surging back as I remember the events of the day before. George. Fucking George. It's always George.
Always.
Why do I even keep him in my life?
Oh right.
Because I love him.
How?
I don't know.
Why?
I don't know.
But I do, unfortunately, and that fucking sucks, because however hard I try to cut him out of my life, I'll always feel he's missing, always feel unhappy.
Damned if I do.
Damned if I don't.
It's a shame I woke up really, I wouldn't have to deal with this if I hadn't. I would just be a memory, soon to be forgotten. And that's fine. I wouldn't mind that. I lie back down, trying to fall back asleep, not wanting to have to talk to anyone if they came in. I stare at the ceiling, not tired in the slightest and-
"PHILIP OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I hear someone scream.
Wait no, not someone. Theo.
"H-Hey Theo." I sit back up, my eyes meeting hers.
"Ph-Philip" She stutters, running over to me and pulling me into a hug "P-Please no. First Moth- I mean... I can't deal with anything... happening... to you." She says in between sobs.
"I'm sorry Theo." I hug her back, rightly, ignoring the pain shooting through my arm.
"Why? Just why?" She murmurs, not letting go.
"George." I whisper back.
"What the fuck did he do?" She breaks the hug, now looking furious.
So I tell her. Everything.
"Fuck him and his whore girlfriend. Cut him out of your life." She hisses.
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because I love him."
"For fucks sake Philip he almost killed you!" She shouts.
"I can't help it, and reviewing the events of yesterday, I feel like I- maybe overreacted. I-I think it might be because of his father-" I mutter.
"But still-"
"Please Theo. He makes me happy when we're together we just need to make him see that he doesn't care about Susan-"
"Philip you're literally insane he called you Philippa."
"Only because I made him mad."
"You had good reason to be angry at him!"
"Yeah but I understand why he did it and now I miss him Theo- I miss the way he makes me feel."
"As I just said. You're insane. I can't support this. Something is actually wrong with your brain-"
"Please just help me-"
"Why should I help you? This man makes you miserable!"
"Love-"
"What?"
"Only if you believe in Love."
"Shit Philip, fine. But if he hurts you one more time I'll cut his left foot off and staple it onto his di-"
"Thank you Theo!" I exclaim and hug her.
"So what do you want me to do?"
"Be my girlfriend."I respond.
"No offense Philip, you're cute and all but I'm not really interested-" She starts saying before I cut her off with a fit of giggles.
"My pretend girlfriend! To make him jealous!"I laugh at her.
"Ohhh. Fine. I guess." She sighs "I'd only do this for you though Pip you know that right?"
"Yep! See you're already a good girlfriend." I grin.
"Wait does that mean I'm gonna have to kiss you?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah I guess so-"
"Gross!"
"-but full homo. It'll be completely platonic. I'm 100% gay."
"Pervert you just want to kiss me." She jokes, sticking her tongue out.
"Ew no." I laugh, gently shoving her away.

Theo's POV

It had been a couple of days now since Philip was rushed to hospital, and he was ready to leave. That was honestly the most traumatic week of my life, first my mother died (I know it may seem like I'm over it but I'm most definitely not, I just save my sadness for nighttime, I hate seeming weak in front of others) and then Philip was emitted into hospital for self harm, and could easily have died from blood loss. So yeah. Not the best weak of my life.
But now Philip and I are going back to school, I wasn't at school as my father pulled me out for a couple of days, to grieve apparently and Philip wasn't at school for, um, obvious reasons.
We'd already planned what we are going to do today, Philip was going to arrive at school first, but hopefully only a minute or so before me. He was going to wait close go Eacker, not close enough for George to think that it was ok to talk to him, but close enough to be within earshot. And I was going to run up to him say, quite loudly, "Hey babe!" and kiss him, and hopefully Eacker would see it.
So here I am, at the entrance of school, praying that all my acting lessons were going to come in handy, because this really meant a lot to him.
I take a deep breath and walk through the door, scanning the crowd for Philip, which wasn't easy because he's so fucking short, but as I walk along I finally spot him. We lock eyes and he nods, signaling that he's ready. I grin and run up to him and say "Hey babe!" wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a kiss, we tried to make it last long enough to be certain that George would have seen it. To be fair, he wasn't a bad kisser, but I still wouldn't say I enjoyed it.
I pulled away smiling, his hands on my waist, I glanced over his shoulder to see George looking both angry and upset. Hopefully that meant he believed it, and that he was possibly jealous.
"Plan get Eacker back in full swing." I whisper into Philip's ear, giggling at George.
"Is he looking?" He murmurs.
"Oh yeah he looks pissed." I grin, detaching myself from his and intertwining our fingers as we walk to class together.
"If this doesn't work I'm going to kill you." I mutter.
"I know." He grins, pulling me into a side hug and ruffling my hair.
"You're a dork."
"I know."

AN: credit to tragicunaturalginger for the Philip and Theo being a couple to make George jealous idea (coughcheckouttheirbookitsgreatcough)
Also thanks for like 400 reads y'all