Chapter 7

AN: So this is a chapter in which I'm going to explain what's going on in some other of the other character's lives, like really short stories i guess
No Pip or George in this chapter bc i'm spicing it up a bit

Georges' POV (Georges the baguette not George Eacker)

I grin as Richard approaches me, trying to ignore my current situation, I pull him into a kiss "How are you mon amour?" I purr, breaking the kiss.
"I'm great! You?" He grins.
"I'm okay." I put simply, not portraying any emotion.
"What's wrong? You usually say you're great or amazing or-" He asks, a worried look on his face.
"Papa just told me that he and Maman were breaking up." I avoid eye contact, not wanting to see any pity in his eyes.
"What why?! They always seemed so happy together and...." He trails off.
"Papa said that he loved another person, but when I talked to Maman she said that he had cheated on her..." I start "I suppose the truth is probably somewhere in the middle." I sigh.
Richard puts his finger gently under my chin, lifting my head up so that I was looking at him, and gently kisses my lips.
"If you're not in the mood for a date, I understand completely" He smiles sweetly " I know I wouldn't want to go on a date just after my parents divorced ." I don't answer him, knowing he would understand what that meant "Look I'll walk you home, and you can talk with your parents."
"My father." I correct him "My mother is staying with her friend I believe."
He walks me home, his arm wrapped protectively around my waist, I smile, kissing him and saying goodbye before opening my front door and-
"OH MY GOD" I screech, trying to take in the sight before me. My papa, Lafayette, was making out Hercules Mulligan, a man that I had met multiple times in the past, and who I knew was "good friends" with my father.
They both turned around in shock, a dark blush appearing on both of their faces.
"Uh Georges je pensais que tu allait être avec Richard ce soir-?" papa says to me, not looking me in the eyes.
(Uh Georges I thought you were going to be with Richard this evening/ tonight)
"Au revoir papa, Hercules" I quickly say before slamming the door shut.
I run after my boyfriend and scream as I approach him "TAKE ME WITH YOU DON'T LEAVE ME THERE WITH THEM!"

Susan's POV

I quickly kiss George before walking home, the walk taking about 30 minutes, I drop my bags at my mother's and I's small apartment, knowing that she would still be at work, I change out of my school clothes and into my work ones. I walk for another 20 minutes before reaching the small cafe, I worked there to help support my mother, I put most of my wage towards paying bills, but do save some for clothes and makeup, I wouldn't want people thinking I didn't have money, and wearing expensive things is key. Most people assumed that I was the pampered little rich girl, with a daddy (not that kind of daddy you kinky bastards ;)) who bought me anything I wanted, and that's how I liked it.
I smiled at my boss as I entered "Hey Mister Seabury!"
"Please I've told you call me Samuel." He smiled back "Ready for your shift? I really have to go."
"Yep! I'll take over from here Mister Sea- I mean Samuel." I grab my apron, and slip behind the counter. He looks at me gratefully as he walks out, waving at me as he leaves.
I serve customers, flashing all of the bright, charming smiles, and occasionally winking at the odd few, that was all before hell itself came through the door. Sorry I meant Eston Jefferson. I never had the problem with anyone from school seeing me work here before this, since it was in the suburbs of town, in a reasonably rough area, but people were still nice enough.
"Well, well, well if it isn't so called little miss "rich girl" What you doing working at a cafe in this part of town darling?" He purrs, his sickening southern accent as prominent as ever "Maybe there's something you aren't telling us? Like how you live in a shitho-"
"Not true." I lie, wondering how the fuck he found out about me.
"Oh come on you can't lie to me, I know everything." He smirks, leaning against the counter.
"How?"
"Well you know how we're partners for our project? Well I followed you back, first I was going to catch up with you, but then I realized that I had never been to your house. I thought there might be a reason, like you had a castle or something, but boy was I wrong honey."
"P-please don't tell anyone" I plead, tears forming in the corner of my eyes, I couldn't deal with anyone knowing about this at school.
"I won't-" He starts.
"Oh my god thank you-" I interject.
"-if you do me a favor." He winks at me.
"W-What kind of favor?" I stutter.
"You know full well honey." He whispers into my ear.
"And if I do... that... You won't tell anyone?" I bite my lip.
"The people won't know what I know." He grins.
"Later, once I've finished my shift, I have so much work to do." I sigh, now dreading the end of my shift.
"I'll be back later darling." I murmurs, before quickly leaving the cafe, trying not to touch anything, probably believing it wasn't worthy of his superior touch.
My eyes follow him as he leaves, my hands trembling slightly.
"Shit."

Theodosia's POV

"Hey Dad! Hey Mom!" I shout as I walk through the door. I hear a thump and see my father stumbling out of his study, his eyes red, with tears still falling. I quickly pull him into a hug "What's wrong Dad?" I murmur, before pulling away from him, looking him in the eyes.
"Oh Theodosia what to say to you." He whispers, intense pain laced through his voice "S-She died this morning. Your mother died this morning." He blurts before bursting into another fit of tears. My eyes widen as tears unconsciously fall, streaming down my face, a sob rattles my body as I stumble, leaning against the wall as it feels like my whole world is collapsing.
"B-But when I look at you, I know that a part of her lives o-on, oh Theodosia you look so much like her." He says in between sobs, pulling me back into a hug.
I knew that my mother had been ill for awhile, but I never thought it was that serious, and now she's gone. Gone forever. I'll never hear her voice. See her smile or that glint in her eyes when she knew she was doing something that would annoy father.
Never again will she be there for me.
But it's just dad and I now.
And we'll make it work.
Because we have to.

Well those were short and shit sorry :))) I just felt like developing the characters a big yknow (all of this happened the day that the last chapter was set)
Also really short chapter oof, i think it seems shorter too bc there's less dialogue :,)