Chapter 3

TW: could be offensive towards trans people (keep in mind nothing said here is my view on the matter)

Eliza's POV (woah new)

"Alexander, come on, isn't it obvious, she's trans-" I start.
"What? No she's not! She's a girl!" He scoffs, crossing his arms.
"Alexander try to be understanding-" I murmur, trying to reason with him.
"She's my daughter-" He glances at the door.
"Alexander , she's in the other ro-" I rest my hand on the door.
"I don't care! She'll see a therapist-" He cuts me off.
"Alexander-"
"She's mentally ill Eliza"
"Alexander-"
"She's sick, that's all."
"Alexander stop this! Pippa is in the other room! She can hear you!" I scream at him.
He blinks at me, shocked, I suppose he would be, I was usually very calm and composed, but hate was something that I could not tolerate.
"Whatever." He rolls his eyes, storming off.
I slump down against the door, gently tapping on it.
"Phillipa- He's gone, it's just me, come on talk to me honey." I murmur, as I hear sniffling the other side of the door.
"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf..." I whisper, remembering that that was how I used to calm her down when she was younger.
"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf" She repeats quietly, her voice cracking.
"Good" I smile "Now come on honey, please talk to me, I love you."
I hear a brief sigh before the click of the lock as I feel the door move from behind my back. I look up to see her, hey eyes puffy and red, her hands noticeably trembling as she wipes tears away.
"Oh Phillipa..." I let out a sigh of relief, pulling her into a hug, I see her wince at the name.
"We need to talk," She mumbles before turning around, and sitting on the bed.
I slowly walk towards the bed, sitting down beside her.
"Please... tell me everything..." I murmur.

Philip's POV

There, I told her everything, well everything excluding a few details, like the bullying and harassment, claiming that I had only left school today because I felt overwhelmed, and I also, quite obviously left out the depression and cutting, claiming that I was fine, that I was just occasionally upset. Luckily, mom didn't know much about LGBT+ or mental health issues so she bought the whole thing. The only good thing that happened today was her complete acceptance of my sexuality, she even agreed to attempt to call me Philip, apologising in advance for whenever she forgot.
"What about Pops... he hates me now, doesn't he?" I mumble, looking down at my feet.
"No, Pipp- I mean Philip, I'm sure your father doesn't hate you, he's just having trouble adjusting to the fact that he'll no longer have a daughter, you know how he is with change..." She smiles at me sympathetically.
"I hope you're right" I fake a smile and hug her.
"Right, I'm going to talk to your father, see you at dinner... Philip." She gets up, waving at me before she closes the door.
I slump down on my bed, grabbing my phone as I head a notification.
1 text message from Unknown Number.
I quickly enter my password, looking at my texts.

?: Heyy Philip! This is Theo!!! I uh either have some really good news or really bad news, depends on your view really.

I enter her contact before replying.

Philip: Omg, what happened?

Theo: Um so basically I- mayormaynothavepunchedeackerandalmostgottensuspended

Philip: Wtf Theo why did you do that?! Are you crazy?!

Theo: Well I decided I didn't like him very much, so I thought it'd be fun to knock him down a bit on the popularity scale, when a guy gets beaten up by a girl he isn't exactly viewed as a hunk yknow (not sure why that is tho? I could beat any guys' asses) but anyway I may have also screamed THAT WAS FOR PHILIP YOU DICK, then strolled off

Philip: Haha that's amazing Theo! Great work ;)

I respond before switching off my phone, I hated lying but she seemed so happy, I was actually terrified and slightly annoyed, Eacker is probably going to bully me even more now.

* * *

"Philip! Dinner's ready!" Mom calls up, I sigh, dreading the moment where I would have to face Pops.
I slowly walk downstairs, bracing myself as I walk into the kitchen. Pops glares at my as I enter, making me flinch "Hey Phillipa" he smiles sweetly.
"Philip." I correct him, suddenly feeling brave.
"Phillipa don't be ridiculous." He scoffs, sitting down at the table.
"Pops, please just try and accept me, you don't even have to support me, just accept me... please..." I beg, looking up at him with pleading eyes.
"I am not calling you Philip, but don't worry I'm not going to kick you out, you can't put someone mentally ill out on the street" he says, matter-of-factly.
"Dad ,please... just ignore me if you're not going to accept me for who I am, pretend I'm not here, I don't give a shit, but don't say that I'm mentally ill or call me a girl." I snap, standing up, grabbing my food and walking away.
I sigh as I enter my room, tears streaming down my face, glancing at my arms, resisting any urge to cut. I put my plate down on my desk and walk over to bed, pulling my clothes off, cringing at the body that I hated so much, I slip on a t-shirt and sweatpants before curling up in bed, silently sobbing until I fall asleep.

* * *

I grunt as my alarm goes off, the high pitched noise ringing in my ears as I sit up. Shit, I think to myself, I have to go to school today. I quickly shower, before pulling on light blue ripped skinny jeans and a large red sweater over my binder. I let my loose wet curls tumble across my face as I attempt to comb my hair, I sigh as the comb gets stuck and give up, yanking it out of my hair. I grab my bag as I leave my room, not bothering to get any breakfast, deciding that I would get an iced coffee on the way to school. After my brief stop off at Starbucks I arrive at school, I feel the panic starting to set in as I slowly walk towards it, the school I have been attending for the past 3 years suddenly seeming more daunting than ever before.
I push my way through the doors, before feeling someone grab me from behind.
"Eacker?" I grunt, turning around, only to be surprised by Theo.
"Ew gross no!!" she exclaims "How are you feeling anyway?"
"Oh yeah absolutely fantastic." I mutter.
"I don't appreciate sarcasm Philip." She jokingly pouts.
"I don't want to talk about it okay?" I glare at her.
"Whatever I'll get information out of you later." She rolls her eyes, before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the doors, that now had a steady flow of people streaming through. I felt a finger repeatedly poking my face, Theodosia looking up at me grinning, not stopping as I shoot her a filthy look.
"What are you doing?" I ask, mostly confused.
"Trying to count your freckles!" she smiles, briefly pausing before continuing her mission.
"Yeah good luck with that." I laugh, ruffling her hair.
"Philip Hamilton! Do not touch my hair!" she squeals, gently hitting my arm.
"Ok,ok-" I start before being cut off by the bell.
"Wish me luck." I grimace before walking to class, dreading being next to Eacker.
"Good luck!" She calls after me, as I walk away.
I walk into class nervously, taking my seat, George having yet to arrive. Just as I wonder if he had switched places I notice a shadow looming over me, I shrink back as I see him, a look of pure disgust on his face as he looks down at me, seeming even taller than usual.
"Hey Phillipa" he smirks, but not the friendly kind of smirk, no, the "I'm going to beat you to a pulp later" kind of smirk.
Aka the worst kind of smirk.

AN: Turns out I'm just really bad at writing long chapters they're all around 1000-1400 words at the moment ugh, hopefully i'll improve lmao help me :,))
I need to learn to develop shit more smh.