Chapter 4

Philip's POV

"So your little whore friend came up to me and actually punched me. Can you believe that? I can't. But I mean I can't hurt her, because she's a girl isn't she. But according to you, you're not, so I can beat you to a pulp can't I?" He smiles sweetly.
"Yes. I am a boy. Beat me up as much as you fucking want Eacker, because at least it'll mean that you view me as a boy." I say, maintaining steady eye contact with him.
"No it just means that I'm looking for an excuse to beat you up." He snarls.
"Then I'll see you behind school at 5, unless you want to step outside and go now?" I challenge him.
"No, shut up, Mr, Washington is here now." He grunts, turning away.

* * *
"You did what?!" Theo screams, loud enough for multiple people in the lunch hall to turn around.
"I challenged him to a fight." I shrugged.
"Yeah but you're gonna lose."
"Rude."
"But true."
"Still rude."
"Shut up, and stop being dumb." She hisses "You're going to get ripped to shreds Pip!"
"Oh well, who cares anyway." I roll my eyes.
"I care, Georges and Richard care, your mother cares-" She scoffs.
"Georges and Richard barely hang out with me now since they've started dating and mom would be happier without me." I mutter, before standing up and walking away.
"Philip-" She shouts, but I continue walking, not bothering to listen to the rest of what she was saying.
"Hey well if it isn't Hamilfag." I hear someone sneer, turning around I see one of Eacker's friends, who I have no idea the name of.
"Who the fuck even are you." I scoff.
"Shut the fuck up you know who I am! Eacker is going to wreck you later girly, hope you don't die, that'd ruin the fun." He laughs, before Eacker walks up behind him, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back, muttering something in his ear before shoving him away.
"Look Phillipa, I really don't want to beat up a girl, especially one that used to be my best friend so, can't you just drop the "I'm a boy" act and we can go back to being friends?" He offers, surprisingly seeming sincere.
"1. It's not an act, 2. I'd never be friends with you after all you've done to me and 3. I wouldn't want to be your friend even if you weren't bullying me, because you're horrible to anyone who isn't what you classify as normal George, you're a cruel insensitive human being." I shout, suddenly everyone in the hallway was listening
"Oh you're going down Hamilton. Fuck you!" He snarls, before walking away.
"Oh wow really original comments! Never heard anyone say fuck you before!" I call after him, adrenaline pumping through my body. Multiple people laugh and pat me on the back, others looking horrified that I talked back to Eacker, and even a few of them looking disapprovingly at me.
Suddenly what I was agreeing to started to settle in, I basically just agreed to get beaten up and ridiculed, by a now extremely pissed off Eacker.

* * *

I had spent the last few classes trying not to panic, telling myself that everything would be fine, of course, I didn't succeed but, I couldn't just not turn up. I slowly walked out of school, slightly hunched over, trying to hide my terrified face from everyone, I saw Eacker standing next to a tree, surprisingly none of his 'friends' were with him.
"Eacker, how was the rest of you day?" I ask, trying to stall whatever was going to happen next.
"I'd rather skip the pleasantries let's go." He says, not looking me in the eyes.
"Mhm..." I mumbled, looking at my feet. He walked towards me, lifting his arm up and-
"I can't do it." He said simply.
"You can't what?" I ask, confused.
"Hurt you, physically. I just can't, we were best friends for 7 years, physical is so much harder than just words." He mutters.
"You've hurt me more than you think." I scoff, tracing a line down my inner arm with my finger.
"What do you mean?" He looks at me, then down at my arm which I was now clinging onto.
"N-Nothing." I stutter before quickly turning away. He grabs my shoulder, surprisingly gently and pulls me back, lifting my sleeve up, letting out a small gasp as he looks at my arm.
"Did you do that...because of me...?" He asks, looking at me in disbelief, I answer with a small shrug, feeling tears well up in my eyes. He moves his finger brushes his finger against my cheek as a tear falls, I flinch back, looking up at him.
"W-why are you being nice to me?" I whisper.
"Because Phillipa, I never hated you, I just pretended to, because I was scared that I would ruin my reputation by being friends with the weird kid." He says, bluntly.
"The weird kid?"I look up at him in disbelief.
"You know what I mean Pippa. Also
I was- I didn't- I mean my dad he- he told me that anyone that wasn't straight and cisgender was mentally ill, or I quote unquote insane. Please Philippa, try to understand where I'm coming from. My sister recently told me she was gay, I knew that she wasn't crazy, so I did research on the topic, and realized how wrong I've been, but I didn't want to admit it and apologize to you in front of anyone... So I thought I'd get you alone and-"
"Wait so you're so terrified to ruin your reputation that you wouldn't dare apologize to me in front of anyone? George that's horrible, why are you so worried about what people think of you? If popularity is more important to you than me then I don't accept your apology Eacker. Good bye." I say, emotionlessly, and walk away, ignoring him calling after me.
"Please! Philip!" He shouts, now that had caught my attention, he called me Philip.
I turn around, looking at him, gaping "What did you call me?" I ask, walking towards him.
"Philip, that's your name isn't it?" He smiles, looking down at me.
"I- yes- I just- I mean-" I throw myself at him, pulling him into a hug "I still don't forgive you, but I guess it's a start."
"Thank you Philip" He smiles as I break away.
"Whatever dudes don't get emotional, I'm totally chill right now-" I mutter, tears welling up in my eyes.
"Yeah right, I'm feeling dope right now" he grins.
"You didn't just say-"
"I did."
" Why would you say that?"
"I'm just feeling really dope my dude-"
"Stop I swear to god stop or i'll fuck y-"
"What?" he interrupts me.
"Fucking kill you" I smirk, running my hand through my hair nervously.
"Yeah like you could you're a fucking pipsqueak." he scoffs.
"Not true!"
"If the shoe fits wear it-"
He gets cut off by my phone ringing, I pull it out of my pocket and look at the caller ID, Theo.
I quickly answer it, "Hi theo-"
"Philip where the fuck are you? if Eacker didn't kill you then I will, I've been worried sick."
"No Eacker is with me right now-"
"Pass me over to him-"
"No-"
"Yes"
"No"
"Philip pass me over to him or i'll beat your a-"
"Ok,ok" I put my phone onto speaker and pass it to George.
"GEORGE EACKER IF YOU SO MUCH AS LAYED A FINGER ON PIP I WILL FUCKING CASTRATE YOU-"
"Calm down everything's fine-" He starts.
"It won't be if you hurt Philip-"
"I didn't" he interrupts.
"Then what the fuck did you do for an hour-"
"It hasn't been an hour-"
"-were you fucking or something because, Philip I know you used to have a crush on-"
I grab the phone out of George's hand and take speaker phone off, he stares at me, confused, as I internally wince.
"Hahaha Theo is really funny okay bye George" I smile slightly, before rushing away.
"Bye Philip?" He murmurs, his gaze following me.
"Theodosia Burr you are so dead." I mutter to myself, a blush spreading across my cheeks.

AN: I feel really bad for writing Alexander as a horrible father bc I was just listening to Dear Theodosia and Stay Alive Reprise and he's such a great dad dnsnmaja