d i e c i s é i s

Mikey's PoV

"Uncle Mikey whatty wrong?" Mia asks me. she was sat across from me, eating her happy meal.

"nothings wrong Mia" i tell her, forcing a smile.

"you very quiet and you look sad" she frowns, eating another chip.

"just thinking, that's all" i tell her. she looks at me, still frowning, before getting up and sitting on my lap.

"you sound sad uncle mikey" she tells me and i sigh.

"it's nothing Mia really" i lie and she pouts.

"tell me" Mia gives me an questioning look and then a cheesy grin. i begin to laugh.

"you are adorable" i laugh, she smiles.

"can you tell me?" she asks again sweetly and i sigh.

"Rye and Faith" i say and then pause.

how do i word it..? how do i tell a five year old something like this?

"rye and faith made you sad?" she asks me puzzled.

"what? no- no" i tell her quickly, "it's just, they're so good together.. and i sort of wish, i had something like what they have"

why am i telling a five year old my problems..?

"you'll find someone uncle mikey, and until then, i can make you smile, i like your smile" she giggles.

"That's sweet Mia.. thank you princess" i smile and she beams at me. she then suddenly lets out a gasp, leaping up from her seat.

"MONKEY NEEDS HIS MILKSHAKE" she cries and i let out a laugh. i'd almost forgotten brooklyn had asked for something.

"well let's go get his strawberry milkshake" i tell her standing up, she frowns, shaking her head.

"chocolate milkshake" she corrects me and i let out another laugh.

"that's right.. you keep me right" i say, picking her up and walking over to order.

Faith's PoV

"Are you packed..?" I ask Rye as i walk back into the boys' room in the flat. Rye looks up at me and smiles.

"just about yeah, you?" he replies and i nod, holding up my bag.

"Mikey's not back with Mia yet?" i question and he shakes his head.

"and my chocolate milkshake isn't here yet either" brooklyn calls from the kitchen, causing me and Rye to let out a laugh.

"i was more worried about my niece rather than a milkshake" i call back to him. he pokes his head round the door.

"you just offended all cows out there" brooklyn says, holding his hand to his heart.

"oh shut up" i groan and he just smiles to himself. Brooklyns smile is adorable, there's no lie in that.

"Mikey really should hurry- what time is it we needed to check in?" Rye asks, zipping up his bag.

"3pm" i tell him.

"well it's quarter to now so he better-"

"who wanted the chocolate milkshake?" a voice yells from down the hall. that voice coming from Mikey.

"OH MY GOD FINALLY" brooklyn runs out the room towards the flat door.

"AUNTIE FAAAAAIIIITHHH" Mia squeals, running into the room. her smile immediately disappears, "where are you going?!"

"Mia.. Grandad is back.. he wants to see us-" i tell her.

"no" she shakes her head, "no see grandad no."

"Mia.. we have to"

"i don't want us near him, no" she fold her arms and pouts. i sigh.

"maybe you could stay here then.. i'm not sure, he hasn't seen you in a while-"

"i don't want you to go" she whines.

"i have to baby.. Rye is coming too" i tell her and her face lights up. Mia runs over to rye

"you better look after her" she tells him and Rye smiles at her.

"i will princess" Rye says, "now are you coming?"

"i don't want to, not really no" Mia mumbles to him. Rye looks at me.

"i'm not going to force her.. if she doesn't want to then.. i guess that's it" i say and he nods.

"me and Brooklyn can babysit" Mikey says and brooklyn almost chokes on his milkshake.

"babysit? for how much an hour?" brooklyn jokes and i roll my eyes, "just kidding, of course we will"

"you have a crap sense of humour" Rye adds, brooklyn glares at him.

"okay then- well we should get going.." i say, standing up. rye joins me by my side with his bag, mine also in my hand.

"tell fovvs, jack and harvey we said bye" rye says as we head to the door. i bend down and give Mia a quick hug.

"you be good for uncle mikey and uncle brooklyn yeah?" i tell her and she nods.

"i will, you stay safe. stay with king rye, love you lots and lots" Mia smiles and i kiss her forehead. Rye then picks her up and gives her a hug too.

"look after those 2 idiots okay?" rye says to her and she giggles, nodding. Rye looks over at the 2 glaring boys and smirks, "what? yous need it"

"thanks rye" Mikey rolls his eyes.

"i'm just happy i got my milkshake" brooklyn says, taking quite a large drink. his face scrunches up and his hand goes to hold his head, "OWWW BRAIN FREEZE"

we all begin to laugh, and with that, we say our goodbyes.

me and Rye heading down the flat stairs towards the exit.

we get to my car and climb in, Rye offering to drive which i allowed. he seems to prefer driving, i'm not complaining though..

"so.. how you feeling..?" he asks, pulling out of the estate. i shrug.

"i'm not too sure to be honest.. little on edge" i tell him truthfully

"well.. i'll always be by your side" Rye says, giving me a reassuring smile which i gladly return.

i hope so..