t r e c e

Rye's PoV

i closed the flat door behind me and headed across the road to the park. brooklyn was climbing up the rope thing and Mia stood watching him laughing. i guess that why she calls him her monkey.

"KING RYEEEE" mia squeals once she sees me and comes running over. i grin, bending down, picking her up and spinning her around. she begins to giggle and i smile before putting her back down on the ground.

"what are you doing brooklyn" i laugh looking up at him. he's clinging onto the ropes with a scared expression on his face.

"i uh- climbed higher than i anticipated and think i'm stuck" he says and laughs rather nervously.

"monkey got stuck" Mia giggles, letting go of my hand and running towards the stranded brooklyn.

"i mean- i would help you but first i need to film some of this" i say, pulling out my phone and opening instagram.

"oh for god sakes ryan" brooklyn groans, at this point i'm recording him and begin to laugh.

"so brooklyn took this little princess to the park" i say putting the camera on Mia who grins up at me and then i point it back to brooklyn, "and somehow got stuck up there" i laugh.

"I WAS TRYING TO BE A MONKE- FLIPPEN-HECK" brooklyn suddenly falls backwards into me. i end up dropping my phone in the process which ended the video.

me and brooklyn begin to laugh uncontrollably. he's lying half on my stomach, half on the grass, Mia is giggling away at us.

"oh my god please tell me you got that last part" brooklyn laughs, moving so he's sat beside me on the grass, Mia sits on my lap.

"i'll check" i tell him, grabbing my phone off the grass and play the video. and yes i did happen to get him falling only it finished with my phone being smashed into by brooklyns back when he fell back against me. were in hysterics watching it, but once we calm ourselves i add a caption before posting it on our instagram story.

"brooklyn the monkey failure? really?" brooklyn groans and i just laugh.

"did you not just see what you just did?" i say and he rolls his eyes before smirking. i suddenly hear a call from behind us.

"well that was an interesting video" i hear a soft laugh from behind. i smile, knowing who it is, before getting to my feet and greeting, who i can now call, my girlfriend faith. i love being able to call her that now..

"hey" i smile, wrapping my arm round her shoulders and kissing her cheek softly. she smiles back up at me.

"hi, how's the failure monkey?" she asks, causing me to crack up again.

"i'm not okay my butt hurts" brooklyn whines, faith also begins to laugh.

"you fell on me though" i add and he groans.

"no my back did me arse landed on the floor" he groans again.

"what's an arse?" Mia asks and i think all of our eyes widen. i try to hold back a laugh and look down at faith who also looks as if she's trying not to laugh. brooklyn looks terrified. the two of us begin to laugh and brooklyn takes mia's hands.

"mia, angel, please don't ever say that word again, use butt instead okay?" brooklyn says sternly, causing me to crack up more.

"okay as funny as that was, Mia brooklyn's right don't say that word" Faith says and i have to agree.

"is it a bad word?" Mia asks us all sweetly.

"in a way yes, and it's not a word you want to use at this age" i tell her and she smiles.

"okay i use butt instead" she giggles and brooklyn begins to laugh.

"UNCLE MIKEYYYY" mia suddenly cries, running towards mikey who had just came out he flat. he smiles and picks her up, walking back over to us.

"i'm going to get mcdonalds, want anything?" he asks us all and Mia's face lights up.

"can i come too?!" she asks excitedly, looking towards me and faith. mikey looks at faith for approval.

"of course! stay with mikey thought okay?" faith says and mia nods. mikey smiles at her.

"so want anything?" he asks again. we all say no apart from brooklyn who asks for a chocolate milkshake.

"TOOO MCDDONNALDSSS" mia yells, causing us all to laugh. Mikey walks away with her in her arms towards the cut we use to get to asda.

"i am so sorry for saying arse" brooklyn tells faith but she just laughs.

"no no it's fine, it's not the first time something like that's happened. My younger cousin said shit around her once when he came to visit, that was interesting" faith smiles and brooklyn let's out a sigh of relief.

"i'm gonna go back inside, yous staying or?" brooklyn asks us, standing up.

"uh, give us a minute or so?" i tell him and faith looks at me confused. brooklyn nods and he runs back inside.

"is something wrong?" faith asks me and i shake my head.

"no.. i just wanted to know if there was anything you wanted to talk about alone..? and if you were okay..?" i ask her and she hesitates.

"my dad called me before.."