d o c e

Faith's PoV

i sat beside Rye, tears streaming down my face. the room was silent other than Mia's soft heathy breathing from below since she was still asleep.

Brooklyn was crying. Rye was crying. Andy, Mikey and Jack held sad expressions and looked as if they had no clue what to do.

I know rye had been reading them with me. so i guess i sort of understand why he was crying.. Brooklyn just burst out crying the minute i did, rye soon followed.

i folded away the letters and placed them back in the rather large envelope, letting myself have a break before going though the rest of the package.

"i um-" i start but andy cuts me off.

"no don't it's okay.. don't apologise" he says and the boys nod, Rye pulls me into his side. Brooklyn then climbs up and the 3 of us just lay in silence in Rye's bunk, my head on his chest, Brooklyn with his head on my stomach.

"i didn't even read them yet i'm a mess" brooklyn mumbles and i smile a little.

"it's okay brook.. you're just a lil softie" i say, playing with his hair.

"is that a bad thing?" he questions.

"of course not" rye tells him and he sits up.

"yeah brook, it's okay to cry you know" i smile a little, rye cuddling into my side. brooklyn nods and forces a smile, climbing down.

"where are you going?" rye asks him and he looks back up at us.

"i think we should leave the 2 of you to talk..?" brooklyn says, picking Mia up from the bed, she had just woken up. the 5 of them head towards the door, mia in brooks arms, but i stop them.

"brook.. can you stay? you and mia?" i say, climbing down the ladder. brooklyn spins around and nods slowly.

"we'll be back, and we need to find harvey too" Mikey says, shutting the door behind him.

"what's wrong?" Mia asks rather confused, rubbing her eyes, "auntie faith are you okay? are you all okay? why you all sad?" she says, jumping down and running over to me. i sit down on Mikeys bunk and she jumps onto my lap. Rye sits beside me, brooklyn in front of us on the coffee table.

"Mia.. daddy sent you a letter" i manage to get out, holding back tears and forcing a smile. her face lights up which only makes me want to cry even more.

"he did?! can i read it? or you read it to me?!" she asks excitedly. i bite my tongue before taking a breath and nodding my head.

"how about.. i read it..?" Rye asks, taking the letter from my hands. i'd kept it out.. it would be best to tell her sooner rather than later..

"okay king Rye" she nods, seeming less excited now due to the look on all of our faces. she knows something's wrong.

"To my darling, precious, baby-" rye pauses and i can tell it's already going to be harder for him than he expected, "baby girl, Mia"

and so he reads..

Mia's facial expressions change throughout reading it.. Rye begins to struggle to finish half way through but he somehow manages to completely read it.

by the end, the three of us are in tears again, Mia sits with an unreadable expression on her face, but she is also crying..

"he's looking after me..? he's an angel now..? in the s-sky.. with mummy- and grandma..?" she whispers.

"Mia he's always with you, he's not gone like he said, he's always here, in your heart, and up there watching over you. he's still doing his job being your daddy, he's protecting you" i manage to tell her and she smiles a little.

"he loves me, a lot. a lot a lot. and i love him and he will always be my protector" she says and i smile at her words. how is she taking this so well..? maybe she doesn't fully understand the idea of death just yet but she seems to understand a little?

"and.. did you hear what else..?" i ask and she thinks for a moment before nodding.

"i'm your baby now" she giggles, hugging me tightly. i hug her back and just cry, not caring about looking like a mess. i couldn't tell if it was happy or sad tears, maybe both.. i felt overwhelmed.

and that's when i started to panic. i pulled away from Mia and began to take deep breaths.

"Faith?! shoot no hey breathe" Rye says, i try to focus on his words, my vison becoming blurry.

"i- what?" brook asks confused, getting up, Mia was now clinging to his hand, worriedly.

"panic attack, hey breathe, look at me, in and out in and out" Rye says, now kneeling in front of me, my hands in his. i try and focus on his words and does as he says, taking deep breaths every now and then.

and then, suddenly, his hands cup my cheeks and lips press against mine. i find myself slowly relaxing and i kiss him back slowly, before he pulls away.

"are you okay?!" he asks and i nod slowly.

"yeah.. i'm okay now.. sorry- i just-"

"no, no don't apologise," he smiles and i begin to blush, realising we're being watched by Mia and Brooklyn.

"Auntie faith is rye like my second daddy?" Mia randomly blurts and brook, rye and i begin to laugh a little.

"hey i'm your king remember?" Rye says, turning to her.

"and my aunties boy friend and she's now my second mummy" Mia says cheekily. i smile at the two of them and brooklyn sits down beside me.

"i think that's too soon Mia, but it was a cute idea" Rye says and Mia just jumps into his arms.

"who am i then?" brooklyn asks her and she giggles.

"you're my monkey because at the park you climbed up the rope thingy" Mia giggles and brooklyn grins.

"i mean, i cant complain" he smiles and me and rye laugh at them both.

"oh.. and Mia? there's something else here for you" i say, handing her the package. she jumps down from rye, taking it from me and opening it. she pulls out a rather old stuffed animal.

"it's a wolf teddy?!" she asks rather excitedly then furrows her eyebrows, "it was in daddy's old room, it's his?"

i nod my head. i find it cute that Max left her his favourite toy as a kid.. he's had it since he was born. it was the first gift he got off our mam.

"and it's now yours, his name is-"

"can i not call him max?" she asks and i freeze but then begin to nod and smile at the idea.

"actually.. that's a pretty good idea i think.." i tell her and she smiles, before running out the room with the wolf.

"MONKEY I WANT TO GO TO PARK!" she calls and brooklyn let's out a laugh.

"you're a great baby sitter you know" Rye laughs at him but brooklyn smiles.

"i'm taking that as a compliment Ryan" he says, running after Mia.

"you know, you'd be a pretty good dad" i randomly blurt. crap why did i say that? Rye let's out a sort of- smirk?

"and i can tell you're going to be an amazing mum" he grins, kissing my cheek.