t r e s

Faith's PoV
monday 18th december
9:02am

Rye parked the car and we both climbed out. he came over to me and took my hand in his. i kissed his cheek and started jumping round like a little kid, causing rye to laugh.

"i don't think i've ever seen you so happy before" he laughs as we walk inside.

"we have only known eachother a week and 2 days" i remind him and he rolls his eyes, "but cmon, how can i not? she's only ever been home for 4 weeks at the most, and now she'll be home pretty much for the rest of her life" i add with a smile.

"okay i have to agree i'm feeling pretty happy too" Rye admits and i laugh. Hazel looks over at us both, her face lighting up, before running over to us. she engulfs us into a group hug.

"IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" hazel cries, wiping away her happy tears. by now i too also begin to cry with her.

"Rye honey how aren't you a mess like us both" Hazel asks, fanning her face. we all just laugh.

"i'm a man" Rye says and i snort.

"a man child" i correct and he nudged me with his elbow.

"you love me tho" he adds and i have to agree.

"that's true" i nod, he smiles.

"i love you too-"

"OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU TWO FINALLY TOGETHER?" Hazel cries, me and rye look at each other before nodding. She smiles wide, hugging us both again, "well then, let's go get Mia then shall we?" she asks and we follow her towards the ward.

Hazel pushes open the door to Mia's room and we step inside.

"AUNTY FAITH UNCLE RYE IM GOING HOME" she squeals the minute we enter the room, "I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!" Mia cries, running over to me and jumping into my arms. i catch her and hold her to me, hugging her so tightly. i hear her soft, happy cries on my shoulder. by now i'm in tears, even Rye looks like he's on the verge of crying.

"i'm so proud of you baby" i manage to say. Rye joins us, hugging us both, he too has now started crying, not as much as Mia and i though.

"i was strong just like you said i was" Mia mumbles, pulling back, looking at both me and Rye, "Did she say yes?"

"she did" rye cracks a smile and Mia opens her arms and Rye takes her from me, hugging her tightly.

"WE CAN BE A FAMILY NOW" Mia cries, causing us all to smile.

"we have a little surprise too" i say, resting my head on rye's shoulder. he carries Mia at his side, holding her up with one arm and wraps his free arm around me.

"what is it?" she asks curiously.

"we're going to see mikey and brooklyn today! jack and andy too!" rye tells her and her face lights up.

"they're coming here?!" Mia asks.

"no.. we're going up to stay with them!" i tell her and she smiles wide.

"Andy and Jacky are the other boys in the videos?" she asks us and we both nod, "CAN WE GO NOW?! I WANNA SEE THEM!" Mia squeals and i laugh.

"well, first i'll need to talk to Faith" Ashley says, entering the room with Mia's back pack. i take it off her and sling it over my shoulder.

"okay, i'll be back" i tell them, heading off with Ashley.

"so, we just need to you sign a few things and book some appointments for later on. just to check up on how she's doing" Ashley sends me a smile, holding out a pen. i nod and begun signing wherever she points to.

"it'll be monthly check up if that's okay?" Ashley finishes once we're done. i nod.

"first one on January 7th, got it" i say

"then we'll arrange the next one on the same day" Ashley smiles, opening the door. Rye and Mia were stood outside, both sharing a bag of malteasers Rye must have bought from the vending machines.

"well.. i guess that's it. see you in January, stay safe, stay happy and enjoy yourselves!" Hazel says both in a sad yet happy tone as we head to the exit.

"thank you for everything" i hug her tightly, "you're part of our family too Hazel, don't forget that. we can meet up any time, you're like the mother i never had"

"Faith honey, thank you. we'll have to arrange something definitely!" Hazel says, wiping away her tears, "Good bye angel!" she waves towards Mia, who was now seated in the back of the car thanks to Rye.

"GOODBYE HAZEL I WILL MISS YOU LOTS AND LOTS!" Mia calls out the open window, causing us all to awe.

"see you soon" i wave, getting into the car along with Rye.

"nice meeting you!" Rye waves and starts the car. we roll up the windows and head out of the car park, Hazel and Ashley waving as we pulled away.

"BEST DAY EVER" Mia squeals from the back, me and Rye let out a laugh.

"and it can only get better from here" i add with a smile.