But it felt like it was.

"Lux", was Maze's casual answer, "Lucifer's penthouse. He and his boyfriend were too busy partying all night so I took you here. I don't know where you live", she shrugged as if it was no big deal. "I would have taken you to my place, except I don't got one. Yet — I actually made a deal with Decker—", the dark-skinned woman started to laugh to herself as she explained further, but Izzy cut her off by waving her hand in the air and turning from the open windows to Mazikeen, who was leaning against the large piano in the middle of the room.

"Luc—Lucifer's penthouse. I, uhh, I can't remember coming here. Did—woah, uh, did we...?", the redhead trailed off, feeling uneasy like there was an itch she couldn't reach. She knew exactly what was causing it — straying from her morning routine, following an unfamiliar pattern, and it was driving her obsessive thoughts wild. She was out of control here, and she didn't like it.

For the first time that morning, Maze offered the woman some relief by shaking her head. "No. I may be a demon, but you were totally wasted and I... I got my limits. Just... wanted to make sure you were okay for the rest of the night", she shed some light on the events of the previous evening, and as it slowly came back to Izzy, she responded with a quiet, uncertain nod. It seemed that Mazikeen was growing uncomfortable too, both of them in uncharted territory and unaware of how to proceed, where to proceed.

"I need to call my mom", Isadora suddenly blurted out, worried that her absence would have caused Diane some gray hairs, but as she shakily pushed her fingers through her knotted hair, Maze stepped forward and raised a hand as the anxious deputy started to dig her pockets for her phone.

"You don't have to do that."

Giving the demon an annoyed look, Izzy lifted an eyebrow. "I do. She has to be worried sick when I—", she began to rant, but before she could release all her bottled up feelings, Mazikeen interjected once more.

"No, I mean, I texted her last night. I was walking you to the bed and you kept on trying to call her, but I figured, humans don't really appreciate drunk dials so I stopped you. When you fell asleep, I sent her a message. She knows you're safe", she gestured towards Isadora's phone before crossing her arms over her chest and looking down — and usually, Izzy would have stopped to ask what was wrong, why did she refer to humans as if she wasn't a part of them, if she was feeling the same kind of fear as well, but instead, she cracked a shy smile.

"You texted my mom?", her voice was quiet and careful, and concluding from the snort that Maze replied with, it was a subject not to be poked more. So, she dropped her gaze to her phone where, indeed, a very curt but effective text sat as proof, but mostly her attention was caught by the time — work was about to start and she was here, a post-drinking mess with blush on her cheeks and mascara smeared across her eyes. She just needed to pray that Dan wasn't at the precinct yet, or else the desperate message she sent him to ask for a ride would have been in vain.

Izzy drew steady breaths then — this was okay, it was okay. She just needed to get to work and back on track, and the anxiety would fade away. She'd be in control of the situation again, and the feeling of utter disorientation would be inferior to everything else.

"Uh, thank you", she pursed her lips together once more as she squeezed her phone tightly, and before quickly rushing out of the penthouse, which was actually beyond impressive in every way, Isadora leaned down to press a gentle kiss on Mazikeen's cheek. "Demon or not, I know you usually sign up for sex and not all... this, so thank you, for the effort. I really appreciate it", the cop nodded and offered a grateful smile at Maze, who couldn't help but gaze at her in wonder. As if questioning, what was happening to her and why? She wasn't supposed to care, Izzy was right, she didn't do all this cuddly, fluffy stuff, yet for some reason, the thought of letting Isadora wander out in the dark streets all by herself had been one not even worth considering.