Chapter 12.5: The Wedding

The sound of the bells echoed in the church.

The doves restless in their cage and so does Shouto. Its what he felt, he felt trapped within a metal cage that his father built. He wanted to run away, hug his lovers and stay with them forever.

But now, that goal seemed so unreal and far away.

The guests smiled and talked to each other, chuckling as they waited for the bride to arrive. Shouto can feel his father's eyes on him. A burning feeling suddenly erupted in his chest... Anger.

He wanted to stand up to his father but when he looked at him, he felt small. His father's glare is warning him, one way or another, 'if you mess this up, someone is going to pay' and that someone will be Izuku nor Katsuki. Shouto certainly didn't want to cause harm on his lovers.

The doors suddenly opened.

Girls and boys entered the church, behind them was a beautiful woman. A woman he doesn't love. Stood their with her beautiful white gown, was a mesmerizing pink haired woman. Hatsune with a sad smile on his face looked, not at Shouto but on the loving and understanding God on the altar.

She herself wanted to cry, but she kept her composure and only smiled.

Slowly they ascended down the red carpet. Each step, very painful to Hatsune. She felt like she was shackled by her father who is now walking with her. Its weird how the two of them had the same kind of father.

They have no freedom.

Finally, Shouto took her hand and both of them stepped in front of the altar where a man stood, waiting for them to settle.

Her hands are trembling and so does his.

This moment, this very moment that they wanted to stop. They failed, now they are standing, facing each other with both feeling of disgrace inside their hearts.

The vows come and go, but nothing makes sense to Shouto anymore.

Nothing...

But everything changes...

Not for the better, but for the worse...

...
Sorry if its short...