Day Zero - World Population 7.8 Billion

Start from the beginning

Remembering my running bath, I jumped from my day dream and in to action just as big fat rain drops began falling from the sky.

Running across the street to Ed's parked car.  I popped the trunk and pulled my last box from the car.  The scent of my pomegranate bath salts tickling my nose and giving me a renewed sense of urgency to get back upstairs.

Checking both ways for traffic I sprinted back across the road and in to the foyer just as the heavens opened and a torrential downpour began.  Talk about lucky

Pushing the stairwell door open, I gave the stink eye to the stairs that I swore were trying to kill.  I'm not athletic by no means but after spending the past three years on my feet at the diner, I'd have thought these stairs would have been no problem.  But they just seemed steeper than normal stairs.  Adjusting my box and puffing out a lungful of air, I began the mountainous climb to the summit.

Once at the top, I slipped through the gap I'd left in the doorway, pretty pleased with myself that I'd had the forethought to jam it open with a fire extinguisher.  Heading across the hall to my apartment I balanced the box on my knee freeing my hands to fish around in my jeans pocket for my keys. "Gotchya!" I exclaimed as my fingers grasped the cold metal ring of my keys.  I must have gotten a little too excited and jolted the precariously balanced box trapped between my knee and the wall and watched in slow motion as it toppled from its perch, descending to the floor and scattering its contents at my feet.

"Shit!" I cursed dropping to my knees to scoop up the discarded items.

Sitting back on my haunches, I watched in horror and mortification as a stray tampon rolled slowly to a stop in front of three pairs of black boots.

Refusing to look up, I kept my eyes trained on the treacherous tampon, cursing it to Hades for forcing such an awkward first introduction to what I assumed were my new male neighbours that were stood before me. I prayed to the big guy that they would take pity on me and just keep walking.  But if you knew me at all, you'd know that if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Mr Middle Black boots crouched down scooping up the offending item and offered it up to me as if it was a pen I had asked to borrow and not a private feminine product.

"I think you dropped this?" a smooth, deep voice rumbled out sending a shiver down my spine.

Stealing myself a deep breath I forced my eyes upward expecting to make eye contact but instead I was eye level with a perfectly sculpted, smooth and slightly sun kissed naked chest!

"Holy pectoral muscles!" my mouth blurted out before I could engage my brain.  My hand flew up to cover my mouth in the hope to shove my words back down my throat or at the very least stop more from escaping.

My eyes shot up to meet smouldering emerald green ones and a cocky smirk on full lips that even Kendal Jenner would be envious of.

"Yeah, sorry about that.  We got caught in the downpour and took our wet shirts off in the stairwell" he apologised even though his face looked anything but sorry "We weren't aware that anyone had moved in to the apartment."

"I'm just moving in today" I managed to rasp out "that..." I pointed at the box that had betrayed me "was my last box"

Hold up!  His words just came clearer to my lust addled brain.  Did he just say that WE got caught in the downpour.  My face shot up to the two equally topless and equally chiselled men flanking each of his sides.  My cheeks instantly flamed and my breathing faltered.  Well damn, would you look at that!
The guy on his left was the tallest of the three.  With hair a dark ginger and designer stubble to match that wrapped around the biggest shit eating grin you have ever seen.  He was thoroughly enjoying my awkward predicament. 
The guy to his right, however, seemed to be enjoying the situation even less than I was.  In fact.  He seemed down right put out by my existence.
He was the epitome of tall, dark and handsome but with an edge of danger. Dark almost black hair, sharp clean shaven jaw and flawless olive skin.  And even though the look of disdain and boredom on his face really pissed me off.  His stance and aire really turned me on.