The Visitors

Carly basically looks like Zendaya.

Seeing the Unseen Chapter Two:

"The Visitors"

I relayed my dream to Carly, the brunette working on a word search as I explained in great detail what I had imagined. Despite the fact that she was working on something else, Carly was giving me her undivided attention, not speaking once until I finished my story.

"T-That's crazy!" Carly shook my bed as she threw her arms up, causing her brown curly hair to bounce from the confines of her pigtails. "What a d-dream! That's like something out of a movie! ...My dreams always end in me dying."

I stifled a laugh. "You should probably get that checked out, Carl."

"Ah, please don't be like t-that. You know I'm Gucci."

I inwardly cringed. "Don't use that word."

Carly's hazel eyes gleamed mischievously, but she dropped it, instead clicking the pen that she had completed the word search with incessantly.

I just rolled my eyes and massaged my ankle. "It was all so real. I can't get it out of my head, Carl. He was real, it was real."

Carly shivered, the clicking of her pen becoming more and more frequent. "I-If something that scary were real, I'd move to Canada."

I sighed as I peered over to the red LED numbers illuminating the black screen. "It's getting late. You're gonna have to go."

Carly got up and saluted. "I w-will see you another day."

"Au revoir." I laughed.

I walked around my house aimlessly after Carly left, my mind still occupied with the dream I had. I bit my thumb as I walked, tripping over a backpack.

"Goddamnit, Tony! I will fucking destroy your ass!" I screamed as I ran into my little brother's room. "You're dead."

Tony's brown eyes widened as he bolted out of his room, his five thousand piece space puzzle falling to a mess on the ground. I chased him around our house until I eventually caught him. I gave him one hell of a noogie before slapping him on the back to send him off to bed.

I turned off the light, his walls and ceiling glowing with stars and planets, solar systems set up for the male to watch until he fell asleep. I returned his graphing calculator to his desk along with his alien statue, rolling my eyes at his book of advanced math equations that he would work in for fun.

"Sorry about knocking down the puzzle... and the backpack on the floor..." Tony apologized as he snuggled under his astronaut comforter, his messy brown hair covering his gigantic hazelnut eyes.

I kissed his forehead, accepting his apology. "It's fine, Tony. I'm clumsy and forgetful too, so I understand where you're coming from. Just learn to be more careful so that no one gets hurt."

He nodded, closing his eyes for a while before opening them again. I smiled. He was growing up fast. It felt like just yesterday he was going off to kindergarten.

"Hey, Tony... your birthday is coming up, right?"

Tony smiled at me and shook his mop out of his eyes. "Yes. I am turning ten. You're coming to the party, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "I live here, asswipe."

"No need to be an asshole about it, Tris."

"Language." I flicked him between the eyes before leaving his room so that he could get his much needed rest.

I made my way to the bathroom as I hummed to myself. I flicked on the bathroom light before taking off my glasses and washing my face with charcoal based cleanser. When I looked up at my reflection I jumped back a bit. I hastily grabbed my glasses and did a quick second glance. Nothing was there which was oddly strange. I saw something in that mirror, I could have almost sworn by it. Instead of checking again, I walked to my bedroom.

I bit my lip, my curiosity getting the best of me and cautiously tiptoed to the powder room. The door opened with a loud creak as I peered around the eerie room. Hesitantly, I turned the light on and got up a bit on the bathroom counter, leaning forward so that my nose was gently pressed up against the one way glass. I watched as the mirror fogged up with my breath, my reflection looking both tired and confused. I decided to shake whatever I saw off and headed back to my bedroom.

I opened my door and failed to turn on the light, instead opting to feel around the death trap that was my room. I successfully made it to my bed, only cursing once when I tripped over my dirty clothes hamper, which would be a pain in the ass to clean up in the morning, mind you.

As I took my glasses and set them on my nightstand I noticed a silhouette in my full length mirror. Gasping, I quickly reached for my spectacles. When I returned my glasses to my face it was gone. I hesitantly hooked my index finger around the bridge of my glasses and gently tugged down, my eyes glued to the mirror the whole time. As soon as the prescription was off I could see a more detailed figure standing within the mirror. I quickly returned my glasses and again it vanished.

This can't be real, can it?

I again removed my glasses, but the figure was gone. In its place was a message that read "Il est derrière toi." The gears in my mind turned as I tried to decipher what the message was trying to communicate. I hadn't really spoken or heard French since my mother was alive, so saying I was a little rusty was an understatement. When I finally understood what the message said, it was too late.

I choked on a scream, whipping around to face my attacker. It was another monster, similar to the one from my dream. I couldn't move. It was as if I was stuck in a thick caramel that was slowly hardening around me. My lip started to shake. I bit it to stop the tremors and quickly swallowed, not wanting my last moments on the planet to be spent in fear. I looked the creature dead in the eye, wanting to be strong rather than cower at its gaze.

It slowly started to move towards me, but stopped about two centimeters away from me. I smirked. "Scared, bitch?"

It tried to move closer in anger, but it couldn't. I laughed. It was pushed back another four centimeters, unable to close in any further. However, something was off. I could feel the strength start to leave my body, as if it was an unstopped bathtub. My eyes started to droop, but before I fell, I saw him again.

 My eyes started to droop, but before I fell, I saw him again