The Letter

It had been almost a week since I had seen or spoke to Colby. I was still really upset with him. How could he? I never knew he could be so cruel. I was crushed, but thankfully I had Sam to help me through it. We were practically best friends again. Just like old times. I was glad to have her back. It was just what I needed.

I was in my room video chatting with Sam when I heard a knock at my door. It was mom she told me I had a letter. A letter? Who in the world would send me a letter? She told me she left it downstairs on the coffee table. I told Sam I'd be back and went down to the living room. I sat down on the couch and picked up the letter. It was from Colby. Great. I opened the letter despite my instinct to just burn the damn thing. Inside the envelope were my tickets to the One Direction concert. Wow. I figured Colby would just keep them. I was surprised, but extremely happy I could still go, but wait there was still something else in the envelope. It was a note:

"Here are the tickets. There should be two of them. They are front row just like I promised and there are backstage passes too, but you have to pick those up at the venue. You can go with whomever you choose. The concert is in one week at eight o'clock. I have already arranged for a limo to drive you there and bring you home. I realize you don't want to speak to me, but we need to talk. I'm willing to give you time, but I want to see you sometime after the concert. I hope that's enough time.

Love, Colby"

OH MY GOD! ONE WEEK! JUST ONE WEEK! IN ONLY SEVEN DAYS I WAS GOING TO BE SO CLOSE TO THEM AT THEIR CONCERT THAT I COULD TOCH THEM! AND I WAS GOING TO MEET THEM! Wait. Who am I going to take with me? Sam? I thought choosing to ignore what the rest of the letter said.

I went back to my room and hid my tickets for safe keeping. Then, I got back on video chat with Sam.

"Sam, can you come over like right now?" I said anxiously.

"Yeah, sure. Why?" She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Because I have to ask you something"

"Well then ask." She said confused.

"No. It's really important. Come over now." I said hanging up our chat.

She showed up a few minutes later. "Okay. I'm here what the hell is so important?"

"Sam do you like One Direction?" I said wildly anticipating her answer.

"Like? No. Fucking love with all my heart? Yes!" She said getting excited.

"No way! You mean you're a Directioner too! This is great!" I said beginning to cry. I was so happy. "Sam. I have tickets to their concert!" I blurted

She just stood there frozen for a couple of seconds, and then she screamed loud enough to burst my ear drums and started hopping up and down and in circles. "That is great! I'm so happy for you!" She said as.calmly as she could. I knew she was trying to keep from going completely insane.

"But not only do I have tickets. I have front row tickets and backstage passes!"

She put her hand over her mouth and closed her eyes tight. I see a few tears fall and she finally spoke. "That's uh.. great.. who am I kidding? I hate you! You are so lucky!" She said barely holding it together.

"I know right!" I said beaming.

"You know I should probably go" She said walking towards the door. I waited until she was halfway out before I said anything else.

"One more thing"

"Yeah?" She said completely clueless.

"I told you this because I need someone to go with and I want you to come!"

Her mouth dropped open so far I thought her jaw just might hit the floor. She screamed "NO WAY!" running straight at me and jumping into my arms and giving me a humongous hug.

"This is crazy! You had me thinking you were telling me so you could gloat!"

"No! I could never do that to another Directioner! Colby bought the tickets for me on my birthday and I had no one to go with and the concert is in a week so I figured I'd ask you. I was hoping to god you liked them and it turns out you might actually be a bigger fan than me! I really though you were going to pass out before I told you I was taking you!"

"Wait. So, you mean to tell me that in a week I'm going to meet Nialler, Hazza, Daddy Direction, the Bradford Bad Bio, and Lou in a week?" She said ignoring everything else I just said.

"YES! ISN'T IT UNBELIEVABLE?"

"OH DEAR JESUS! I THINK I MIGHT FAINT!"

"Well, why come upstairs and get some sleep. You can spend the night." I laughed.

"ARE YOU KIDDING? I CAN'T SLEEP! I'M MEETING THE BOYS! I HAVE TO PREPARE!"