A New Start

I woke up in a daze. Did last night really happen, or was it just another dream? I quickly grabbed my phone and went to my recent messages:

"Tonight was amazing! I'm so glad you're all mine! Xx Zayn <3."

Yup. It really happened. My stomach fluttered and my mind raced at the thought. I... I'm really Zayn Malik's girlfriend. I sat up in my bed and snatched my pillow from where it laid. I buried my face in it and squealed. I had to let all this excitement out somehow. I rose from my bed and sat down on my rose stool in front of my dresser. The first thing I noticed were all of the pictures of me and Colby still tapped all around the mirror. For a moment I let myself feel guilty. Just minutes before my date with Zayn I blew Colby off. All he wanted was to go see a movie. Man, I can be a real bitch. I thought running my fingers across the one of me and Colby swimming together last summer. I missed him.

Just as I started to dial Colby's number to see what he was up to, my laptop screen, lying in the wooden chair next to my bed, lit up and Sam's face came across the screen. I smiled, quickly forgetting about Colby and the phone call. I scooped up my laptop from the chair and sat it I'm the dresser pressing 'answer'.

"So!?" Sam prodded, waiting for the details of my night.

"Well, it wasn't anything special really. He just picked me up in a stretch hummer, took me to gravity, bought me a brand new camaro, oh, and hmmm I think I'm forgetting something... Oh, yeah! He asked me to be his girlfriend and kissed me!" I shrieked.

Sam just froze for a minute. She didn't even blink, she just looked straight at me with her mouth wide open. Finally, she spoke.

"No way! No! You're lying!" She spilled.

"Am not! I swear on my mother's life!" I said, sounding like a kid in grade school.

"Okay, it's official. I hate you. I'll talk to you later you little bitch. Bye." She played hanging up with a smile.

I closed my laptop and picked up my phone lying in my lap. I forgot all about calling Colby. I still felt kinda bad so I dialed his number.

"Hello." A girl on the other end managed before giggling.

What the hell? Why was some chick answering Colby's phone? I've called him hundreds of times and a girl s never answered before.

"Um, is Colby there?" I questioned.

"He sure is." She said confidently before giggling yet again.

"Babe, hang up and get over here." I heard a guy say from the background.

It sounded familiar like Colby. Was he really fooling around again. I felt myself start to get pissy, so I decided to call Zayn. I knew he could change my mood around.

I heard three rings and then:

"Looks like you've reached my voicemail. Leave a message after the beep."

Great.

I waited for the tone and left him a short, but sweet message"

"Hey babe, I just wanted to talk. I'm so glad to have you, last night was unforgettable. Talk to you soon."

I sighed. What now? I heard a knock at the door. Mom came in and offered a smile.

"Lexi, you busy? I figured we could have a big breakfast and catch up a bit. I know I've been working a lot lately, and I'm sorry. So, whataya say?" She grinned from the doorway.

"That would be great Mom! I have a lot to tell you!" I smiled following her downstairs to the kitchen.

I told Mom everything that's been going on and we talked a lot. I always enjoyed being able to tell her anything. After breakfast was over Mom took me out to do my nails. She let me drive her in my new car and she smiled the whole way there. She loved that I was happy.

When we got home I told Mom I was going up to my room to read she nodded with approval and plopped down on the couch. When I got to my room I checked my phone for what seemed like the thirtieth time today. Nothing. No Colby, and more importantly no Zayn. I drew in a big breath. I reached under my bed and grabbed a book (yes that's where I keep them) and let myself slip into a whole new world.

Next thing I knew I was squinting my eyes trying to keep the sun out. I must have fallen asleep reading. I grabbed my phone off the floor where it had fallen. I had a missed call and a voicemail from Zayn:

"I'm sorry love I had a shoot for our new video and a show yesterday. I'll call you when I can. Xx"

That's it? Well, that was blunt.

I laid back down on the bed and went back to sleep. All I wanted to do was talk to him.