She's back

So I felt bad about tricking you guys so here's another chapter! I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

~~~~
Greg's POV
I couldn't sleep at all. How could I? One of the people I care about the most was dying right beside me. It should've been me. I shouldn't of let her drive. If I would've drove she'd be okay. It's all my fault!! I ruin everything!
"Hey Greg can I talk to ya man?' Dally asked me.
"Sure Dal." He motioned me outside.
"What?" I asked him.
"What you said about Shelby knowing what was gonna happen, do you think she wanted to kill herself?" The question that has been in my mind all night. Did she want to kill herself? But why?
"I don't know. I don't know why she would. She seemed happy to me."
"Well man I heard a rumor that may or may not have somethin to do with it." As soon as he said that my blood went cold.
"What?"
"Evie's back." He smirked.
"Who's Evie?"
"Steve's ex-girlfriend. Steve broke up with her because she cheated on him man. When he did she snapped and left. She told him she'd be back for him. It took him forever to get over her. It actually took Shelby for him to get over her." That son of a bitch cheated on her!! That's why his happened!! That's why she's in a hospital bed dying!! He will pay!
"Greg man don't freak out. We don't know if it's true." He had a point.
"Fine I'll wait to kill him but if I found out that it's true-"I tried to say but he cut me off
"I'll kill him." With that he walked back in the room leaving me their dumbfounded.

(The next day)
"Good morning everyone. We'll bring in some breakfast." A nurse told us. She brought in chocolate chip waffles, bacon, and chocolate milk. "I'll bring chocolate cake for dessert." We all looked at it disgusted. Steve stood up and threw his tray against the wall and stormed out. Nobody ate their food. We all dumped it in the trash.
"Should I go after him?" Soda asked. I nodded. He went out the door.

Soda's POV
I found him in an abandoned room in the corner. He was sitting down with his knees to his chest. He had his face in his hands and was bawling his eyes out. It hurt me to see him like this. Why did that damned nurse have to bring in her favorite?!
"Damn it!! Damn it!! Damn it!!" Steve yelled hitting his knee with his fist.
"Steve." I said. He looked up at my, his eyes were red and puffy.
"What am I gonna do without her man?" He asked me. My heart broke. I ran over to him and hugged him. We sat there like that. Crying in each other's arms. Not caring who saw us. They'd be crying to if they were losing something as amazing as her.

Shelby's POV
It was dark. Everything was black. Then this bright light came blinding me.
"Come to me child." He said. Who was it? Then I saw his face and instantly knew.
"Jesus do I have to?"
"I would like all my children home but I see that if I bring you home that many more will follow. It is not there time..and it isn't yours. Go. Go to them. But I give you one command."
"What is it Father?"
"Take care of them." After He said that he disappeared and everything started spinning. I could hear people crying and talking. I gasped.
"Oh Lordy she's back." Two-Bit said. I opened my eyes.
"Oh Shelby I thought I was gonna lose you." Greg told me smiling. I could tell they have all been crying.
"You can't get rid of me that easy." I said. I looked around the room. "Where's Steve and Soda?"
"Go get 'em Pony." Darry commanded him.

Pony's POV
I ran around the hospital till I found them. They were crying together. It broke my heart.
"Steve (gasp) Soda (gasp) it's Shelby (gasp) she's awake." I said breathlessly.
"Quit lyin you little shit!!!! Steve yelled at me.
"Honest." I said
"We better go." Soda told him. They stood up and ran towards her room.

Steve's POV
I barged in the room to see Shelby talking. I stopped when I saw her. She smiled. I smiled back I ran to her and hugged her gently.
"Oh Shelby I missed you so much." I cried.
"I missed you to. Why are you crying?"
"I was crying because I thought you were gonna die but now I guess it's because I'm happy."
"Shelby?" Greg said.
"Yeah?"
"Do you know what happened?"
"Well duh the truck caught on fire." She said innocently.
"Do you know why?" He asked. She stayed silent.
"Shelby do you?" I asked.
"Maybe." She said.
"Shelby you have to tell us." Greg told her.
"Well..

Shelby's POV
(Flashback. When they were at the lake and Shelby went to the bathroom before they left.)
"I gotta go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I told them. The bathrooms were a few camp sights down. I walked to them. On the way back I heard a familiar voice. I stopped and listened.
"I don't want to kill her I just want Greg dead." Holy shit! It's Caden! I stayed quiet and listened
"I got an idea. If Shelby's leavin like you said let's plant an explosive in the steering wheel of Greg's truck. Not a big one. Just one the right size to start a fire on the drivers side. So if Shelby rides with him instead of taking her car she'll be safe." The mystery woman said. She sounded familiar to but I just couldn't figure it out.
"How are we gonna plant the explosive in his truck?" Caden asked.
"You let me handle that. Now go before you're seen." She commanded him. He left. I stayed for a second.
"I'll finish her off later." She said laughing.
I headed back to camp acting like nothing happened.
(End of Flashback.)

I told them what happened. They were quiet for awhile.
"So that damn Caden was tryin to kill you again!!" Steve yelled.
"Technically he wanted Greg this time." I said.
"But he got you!! I'm gonna kill him I swear!" Steve yelled.
"So you saved me." Greg said.
"Yup." I told him. He hugged me and I hugged him back.
"So are we gonna kill this kid or what?" Dally asked.
"Or what." I said.
"But sis we have to! He could hurt you again!" Dally yelled.
"Dally do you know why I'm back? God let me that's why. I talked to him. He told me to take care of you guys. And if I let you kill him then you'll get sent to prison. How is that takin care of you?" I told him. He was silent
"Hey Pony do you mind to go tell the doctor I'm up?" I asked him.
"Sure." He walked out.

"Miss Wilson I must say I'm surprised you lived." The doctor said.
"Thanks for your confidence in me doc." I joked. He checked me out and ran some test. He came back later with the results.
"Looks like you're all good. It's like nothing happened. You can go on home." He smiled.
"Thank you." I told him smiling back. He walked out. "Let's get the hell outta here."

We went to the Curtis house and Greg called my school to tell them why I wasn't there.
"They said they understood and you can come next Monday. Since today's Monday you have another week." Greg smiled.
"Great." I said.
~~~~

Sorry it's short again but it's getting late so I'm gonna end it. Fav/comment/share please!! Who do think the mystery woman is?

What's Shelby's horses name?