Surprise Visit

I went to the doctor and everything is fine. The baby is healthy. He just said I'm going to be one of those women who are sick a lot. Great. I'm sitting at the DX and doing the books. Dally is doing a great job running it. He's really stepped up. Pony's a big help too. Of course I told him grades come first.

"Excuse me ma'am but have you seen the most beautiful girl in the world?" A familiar voice asked. I instantly recognized it and smiled. When I looked up I saw him.
"Steve! I'm so glad you're back!" I go around the counter and hug him tightly.
"I missed you too baby." He said kissing my cheek.
"Where's the others?"
"Well it's just me this time. When you're married you get to visit more often." He explained.
"Oh. That's a bummer. I mean I'm so so happy you get to visit more but I really miss the others too."
"I know baby. But they'll be home soon." I noticed he keeps saying baby. Everytime he says it my stomach churns.

"We need to talk." I said.
"What is it?"
"I wanted to tell you in some sort of cool and special way but I'm not that creative so I'm just gonna come out and say it."
"Then say it."
"Steve, I'm pregnant. I went to the doctor and it's for sure."
"We're gonna have a baby?"
"Yes."
"Like a for real baby? Not just some dog you're bringing home?"
"Yes Steve. A real baby."
"It's growing inside you right now?"
"Yes Steve. Did you ever have the sex talk?"
"Yeah. I guess I'm just....shocked."
"So you're not happy about this?"
"Oh no I'm thrilled! I'm gonna be a dad! I'm having a baby with the love of my life." He picked me up and spun me around. I laughed. He set me on the counter.
"I'm only here for a week. When I'm gone you better take care of yourself and little peanut."
"I will. Peanut?"
"You got anything better? Atleast I'm not calling Peanut an it."
"True. Boy or girl?"
"What?"
"Do you want a boy or girl?" I ask.
"I don't care. A boy to do manly things with and a girl to protect."
"Oh you're gonna be the big bad daddy?"
"I thought I already was your big bad daddy?" He smirked.
"You wish."
"Oh? We'll see about tonight." He smirked and gently pushed me down a little and kissed my neck.
"I'm not calling you daddy."
"Why not? Other girls call their guys daddy."
"And other girls are weird."
"I think it'd be sexy if you called me daddy."
"You'll think it's real sexy when you're sleeping on the couch tonight."
"Fine. You don't have to call me daddy."
"That's what I thought."

"Come on. Let's go home. You've been cooped up too long." He said picking me up off the counter.
"Everyone will be excited to see you."
"Of course. Everyone's always excited to see me. I just feel bad I'm here and the guys aren't."
"Me too but it's not your fault."
"I know. It's not my fault I'm the only one smart enough to put a ring on it."
"Hey look!" I say pulling out my wallet.
"What?"
"I went and got my license fixed. It says Shelby Randle!" I showed him.
"I like it. It's a good upgrade."
"The only problem is all my bags and stuff have my old initials on them."
"Throw them away."
"No. They cost money."
"Tightwad."
"Yes I am thank you very much."

~~~~~

I think the next chapter is going to be a big one. Either the next one or the one after that. I decided I'm going to skip some of the filler stuff and go straight to the point so I can finish this book and do the sequel!

QUESTION: Boy or girl?? (I already know the answer😉😉)