Chapter 41- A wedding and a Surprise

Dedicated to @Lele_90sBaby

🎶I got all I need when I got you and I🎶

Chromia's POV

I started crying in the dressing room, Elita staring at me in confusion as she held my white wedding dress. It was really happening again and my stomach was tightening the more I thought about it. To believe that I had a full face of makeup on the brink of tears was quite horrifying, my fingers curling into my palm.

"You don't like it? You chose this dress when we shopped a few days ago" Elita told me, her eyes wide. I sniffed, drying my eyes. The past few weeks had been an emotional rollercoaster, oftentimes there was no explanation to what I felt. I believe she was still oblivious to the fact that I was pregnant and the hormones dictated heavily.

"I fucking love the dress!" I told her and she scratched her head, so did my sisters. If the dress was adored there was no need for me to cry right?

"Then why are you crying Mia? " Firestar asked as she too began crying as she hugged me, her fingers attempting to erase my tears. To believe I broke the news to the ladies all at once a couple of weeks ago was still an action that seemed non existence.

I smiled as the women entered, all grins erased the moment their eyes fell on him. In fact, Firestar's gasp was actually what led the women to stare at Shockwave. All the women raised their gun and aimed it at the man they saw as a threat.

"Hey, can I get you guys drinks?" I asked softly and Elita's glare turned sour. I closed the door and stood before Shockwave, my eyes moist, I miscalculated, Arcee was the only one who did not have her gun raised, Shockwave and Arcee staring at each other.

"What is the meaning of this?" Elita asked and I took a deep breath, I really wished to send the tears back.

"I am so sorry" I mumbled and Arcee was the only one without tears, Elita's blue eyes piercing me. Firestar stared at our sister who stood there frozen, her weapon remaining on her hip.

"Tell me this is not what I think it is" Elita begged and I felt as though I had betrayed her. She cried in my arms for the sparkling she lost to the man that I was now engaged to. Elita's eyes flickered to my ring finger and before she could ask the question Shockwave spoke.

"Chromia and I are getting married, we are asking for your blessing. Well, to the very least I am because you ladies stand to be the closest people in her life" Shockwave stated firmly and Elita lowered her weapon as she stared between Shockwave and I slowly.

"I'm getting married!" I cried and Star cried harder. Arcee tore my younger sister from my body and gave her a look.

"Would you quit?" She asked and Emerald started crying too. Firestar and Emerald had to be long lost sisters, their personalities were vastly equivalent.

"But it's so sad seeing her cry so often..." Star and Emerald stated as they hugged each other in tears. I cried harder, why were these women leading me to a highly emotional state.

"She's pregnant, she is highly emotional and you two aren't helping" Arcee hisses while Emerald and Star gazed at her with teary eyes.

"I am actually getting married" I repeated and Elita gave me a soft smile.

"You deserve happiness regardless of just how little I think of Shockwave," Elita told me, her blue eyes genuine. It took us weeks to rekindle our friendship and Elita begged for my forgiveness.

She explained her awareness of just how toxic my previous relationship was when she saw my husband's infidelity before her eyes at work. She would often question why I stayed but I would always present Emanuel as my reason to remain. She felt so selfish for her action but with the pain she faced I understood her and forgiveness was easy.