Chapter 40 - No Secrecy

Chroma's pov

"And do you miss Emilio, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked and I looked up at Shockwave who was as cool as ever. I would be staring into those lovely violet eyes forever and his perfect lips would be mine to claim everyday.

"I do," I replied in the sweetest voice I could muster. With all the things that I had done wrong this was the first wrong I felt right about. To love endlessly was beautiful but to be loved by another so much that they would give everything to have you, it was fire to the soul.

That's what he did, he ignited my soul endlessly.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride" the priest announced and just as our faces neared someone called my name. For the sake of this union I do hope that individual was not trying to object.

There was no room for that because the time to do so had passed.

"Chromia..." I looked around but the crowd was silent. Was I hearing voices?

"Chromia!" This time it was far louder. I looked around again but no one spoke, there was only clapping and cheering, Shockwave staring at me in confusion.

Have I gone mad?

"Chromia!" I heard the voice again as everything around me disappeared slowly. What was happening?

"Chromia!" I opened my eyes to see Morgan's naked frame covered by the sheet we shared while his violet eyes roamed my face. He wore confused eyes, his finger stroking my cheek while I took soft breaths. His eyes were slowly asking me if I was okay.

"I was talking in my sleep, wasn't I?" I asked softly and he placed a kiss on my forehead, his fingers still lingering on the skin of my face.

"It was more of a mumble but yes, I grew curious when you started smiling and twitching" Shockwave replied and I took this as a cue to sit upright, my finger on the area he had kissed.

For someone as hostile as he stood to be he always gave the softest kisses.

"I thought I had stopped doing that when he died '' I stated and Shockwave placed his wrists beneath his head.

"Would you like to tell me why you would have nightmares next to your husband?" He asked and I took a rather large breath. Of course he would be concerned by such a statement.

One would believe I had those dreams after my husband's death.

"Actually, I do not wish to speak about it" I replied flatly and his eyebrow twitched slightly.

"There is no embarrassment in trauma" was his twisted way of providing comfort and I scoffed.

"Coming from a man who has no real trauma" I stated firmly and he ignored me and changed our line of reasoning completely.

"It was lovely to see you smile but the twitching was provoking. I want you to know that I am highly filled with adoration for you, I ask questions when I am concerned. I will not ask you to speak on what makes you uncomfortable but do realize that you are safe with me" he stated and I took a deep breath.

I believe we both had that figured out the very first day we crossed the line.

"I am sorry I hissed at you earlier. Would you mind showering with me?" I asked and he turned to smile at me.

"As tempting as it may be I have to refuse that offer Goddess" he teased as he moved upright within seconds, a hand reached towards me. I took the hand offered, Shockwave guiding me to my feet gently.