Chapter 13

Jungkook's POV

We had lost them, for now at least. I turned to see Dallas' jaw was clenched and her eyes were swiveling around checking for more danger. I didn't recognize where we were driving to, but she seemed to know just where she was going. I took this time to really examine her and take in her appearance. Her red hair was in a messy bun again, she had bandages around her arms in a couple different places, probably from the night before. She didn't have any makeup on, but her skin was still flawless. She did have dark bags under her eyes though like she hadn't had a good night's sleep in years. She looked over at me and quirked her eyebrow.

"What?" she asked. I shook my head and looked away.

"Nothing... you just don't look like a professional criminal," I told her. She laughed deeply and smiled at me.

"Yeah, that's probably what makes me so good at it," she answered. Her voice sounded cocky, but her eyes were sad.

"Do you feel guilty? Like, ever?" I questioned, but mainly out of curiosity. She shot me a look but focused back on driving, all traces of humor gone from her face.

"I don't have time to feel guilty, and neither do you," she said. Before I could ask her what that meant I heard gunshots behind us. I turned to see a black van behind us and a man hanging out of the window firing at us. I began firing wildly at the van behind us as she sped up. When I sat down to reload I looked to see that the van had pulled up beside us on her side and was about to fire. Within two seconds she reached down, grabbed a gun from her leg, aimed it out the driver side window, and fired. The man's head hit the dash and the other man hit the brakes and spun out of control. She placed the gun back into the holster on her leg and kept driving. I stared at her shocked. She hadn't even batted an eye at the fact that she just killed a man.

"We're going to a safe house on the outskirts of the city. We need to lay low," she informed me. All I could do was nod at her. I didn't have any other words to say... she just killed a man.

*unedited*

Okay, sooo I know this chapter is SUPER short but it was kind of a filler chapter anyway. I really want to focus a lot more on the next few chapters but I can feel myself starting to hit a writing wall so hopefully I can overcome it. Thanks so much for reading! Please leave a comment and vote!