Chapter 6

Jungkook's POV

The next day I walked into class to see Dallas was already there and her demeanor was a complete 180 from yesterday. A large smile graced her face and her appearance looked as if she had put much more time into it. I sat down and she immediately turned to me and winked.

"Good morning Kookie, how was your night?" she inquired. Her eyes told me she knew what I did last night but she wanted me to admit it. Her smirk fueled a hate fire inside of me.

"It was fairly quiet. Nothing exciting," I replied. Her eyes danced with mirth and she giggled.

"Well what a bummer, mine was quite exciting! So, I've been thinking... and I agree with you," she continued. I quirked a brow in her direction and she stared at me silently. Her tongue snaked out of her mouth to wet her plump lips and she snickered when she noticed my eyes grow slightly. I cleared my throat and sent her a small glare. "I think we have too much work to do just in class so I suggest we use the next couple of days after school to work on it together," she finished.

"I thought you had to work," I countered.

"I did but I was able to get a couple days off to work on this so are you in or not?" she questioned. I didn't even hesitate. This was my chance.

"I'm in! Where do you want to meet?" I asked. She sat back and her eyes drifted to the ceiling while she thought about it.

"Well, can't go back to my place... don't even want to go to your place... how about the café down the street from here? It's quiet and we can eat food," she suggested. I was relieved. I'm bummed I couldn't go to her place and snoop around for evidence of her father's horrible crimes BUT I'm relieved I didn't have to have her over and explain to my father I was having to work on a project with his enemy's daughter and right hand. I nodded in agreement and she flashed me a smile. This may be my only chance to help my father close this case.

The rest of class passed without much incident. Dallas and I worked on the project and when the bell rang we walked out together. I had to stop by my locker and she ended up following me. I gave her a curious look but she was scribbling something on a piece of paper. I heard someone call me from down the hall and I turned to see Mina. She was smiling but when she noticed Dallas beside me she froze slightly. I turned back to Dallas to see she was holding the piece of paper she was scribbling on out to me.

"Here, this is just in case anything changes. See you after school Kookie," she winked and then walked off. Mina sent her a glare as she walked by and then marched up to me.

"What the hell are you doing talking with Dallas Yang?! And what did she give you?!" she snapped. I put the piece of paper in my pocket and shut my locker.

"She and I were paired together on a project yesterday. She was talking to me about when we need to meet up to work on it because it's worth over half of our grade. She gave me her number in case I was going to be late tonight," I told her. Her eyes went from mad to down right murderous.

"Tonight?" she whispered. I nodded my head and she pushed me back against my locker gently.

"What about our date?! Did you forget about me again, seriously?! To go hangout with Dallas?!" she yelled. Damn it. Damn it! I did forget... but this may be my only chance to get something on Dallas or her father. She only had the next few days off to work and I needed all the time with her I could get.

"Mina, I'm so sorry! It's just that this grade is worth over half of our grade! I can't fail this, I need to do this! Can we reschedule to Saturday? Pleaseeee Mina?" I begged. She was fuming. She didn't answer me, all she did was storm off. I sighed and ran my hand over my face. I couldn't focus on Mina right now, I know she'd forgive me. After I take down Dallas and her father everything will go back to normal.

*unedited*