18. Get What's Coming

Start from the beginning

My vision came to mind and how Hayden told me his story and I revealed something to him as well. I know i'm insane for feeling this way but, now that he's told me, I feel like I can somewhat trust him or at least respect him in some way.

As for my vision, neither Hayden and I know what to make of it. I haven't had any more, and there have been no signs of the vision at all. Hayden said if he could get more information he would, but, there's really not much to know- at least to our knowledge.

There was still a tiny ounce of anxiousness and fear that resided in me. Whoever the hell was trying to contact me, made some promises and it made me wary about if the vision was something to be worried about or not.

'Forever in your thoughts....your rightful Queen...'

"Arden, you okay?" I heard my mother ask and I quickly came down to earth. I nodded.

"Yeah, i'm fine." I sighed and stood up. "Just thinking about tomorrow."

"Everything will be fine, sweetheart. I know it."

***

"Maybe we should just forget about it altogether." I stated, wrapping the compression sleeve around my forearm. "I mean, nothings really happened since then, so.." I trailed off.

I was walking beside Hayden into the Amazon Hall of the training center. It smelled like earth down here- fresh and cool. The corridor was wide with different doors and archways leading into other rooms and Halls.

"I know you're still thinking about it, Arden. I can see it on your face." Hayden responded. Like always, he was dressed in dark colors. Gray and black made up his entire wardrobe. He looked down at me. "Do you honestly want to forget about your vision?"

I shrugged. "Maybe I should?" It came out more of a question than a statement.

"Well, whatever you decide, I'm happy to help." I felt a ghost of a smile on my face- very tiny. That was nice of him.

"So, what about your grand entrance on Friday? Everyone seemed ecstatic that you're here." Hayden threw his head back and groaned. I snickered.

"Don't remind me." He ran a hand through his hair, the same hair that stood up at the front in strands. "I'm just happy I got out of there alive."

I recalled when everyone charged at Hayden in the Hall. If it wasn't for Athena and Ares, It would've been over for Hayden. "Today's going to be even harder. But, look on the bright side, It'll take some time before they can actually kill you."

Hayden sighed as we continued walking through the underground Training Center. "I just hope i'm forgiven in due amount of time."

Without thinking, I spoke my next words. Classic Arden. "Maybe you want forgiveness from one particular person." Hayden stopped walking and turned to me.

Like Zane, he was a head taller, and he looked down at me with dark eyes. I turned back to him. Hayden stared at me for a good while before speaking, his voice low. "Knowing you, you're probably thinking about what I think you are."

An unintentional smirk appeared on my face. "How do you...know?" Hayden asked me.

"That you have a secret fondness of Armani, I figured that out a good four months ago."

"What about Armani?" Nate started. "She's so soft and squishy, we could've taken her out a long time ago." Nate shifted the pencil in his hand.

That comment made Armani perk up and look through the window.

Hayden put his head back forward. "Nobody puts a hand on her." He said seriously.

Well...