6 - It's Him

"Ai'Beam...Ai'Beam...hey...wake up." I removed his hand off my shoulder and looked up at Ai'Kit.

"I'm not sleeping. Stop bothering me." I yawned and turned my face away from Kit.

"The class ended already. Did you hear anything the professor said?" Kit smacked my shoulder, getting me to turn toward him again.

"Both of you were listening right? You can just teach me tonight."

"Are you okay? You're not the type to space out." I noticed the worried look on Kit's face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What are we doing for lunch today? Do you guys want to go to the canteen or do you want to go across campus?" I sat up and tried to put on a smile.

"Umm...actually Ming is picking me up for lunch, so I won't be eating with you guys today." Kit packed his bag and walked out, just like that.

"Ai'Pha...wanna have lunch with me?" I looked up at my other best friend who was putting is books into his bag in readiness to leave for lunch.

"Yeah, sure but we're going to the canteen at the science faculty. Are you ready?" He answered without glancing at me.

And so, it begins. My worries and fears becoming reality.

"Erm...on second thought it's fine. I'll just skip lunch today. I'll stay here and review what we just did since I barely listened."

I laughed awkwardly and nodded. I don't want to be a third wheel. It was fine when Ai'Kit and I tagged along but tagging along by myself just doesn't feel good.

"Are you sure?" He looked down at me this time.

"Yep." I gave him a reassuring smile before looking away.

"Okay, whatever you want." Pha shrugged and walked out.

I sighed and leaned back on my chair, closing my eyes. I need to start getting used to this. Change is inevitable. I don't want to lose them, so I need to accept that it won't be just the three of us anymore. I don't know how long I was in that position, my eyes popped open when I heard a voice above me.

"Aren't you going for lunch?" It's him. Forth.

"What are you doing here?" I sat up causing him to straighten his back.

"I came to invite you out for lunch. I wanted to have breakfast with you, but you were gone when I woke up." I didn't like how he was smiling down at me.

"That's a hint, asshole, it means I don't want to see or talk to you. I'm not hungry so you can leave now." I placed my head on the table, doing my best to ignore him.

"I don't think so. I heard your stomach growl a little while ago." I sat up at that, blushing a little. There's no way that happened.

"Fuck you."

"Come on na, you didn't have breakfast, did you?" He grabbed my hand.

"I did. Leave me alone."

"It'll be my treat. Let's go."

He pulled me up out of my chair. He picked up my bag and led us toward the door. Why am I letting him do this? I should be bashing his face in, but somehow, I felt too drained to care. I looked at my watch, nearly half the lunch time was gone. I pulled him back, causing him to stop.

"I can't leave. I don't have time." A thoughtful look appeared on his face at my words.

"Let's go to the canteen then."

"There isn't enough time to get lunch." I repeated, thinking he may not have understood what I meant.

"You should at least eat some snacks. That won't take too much time, right?"

I let him pull me all the way to the medical faculty canteen. I didn't care that people stared. He sat me at a table before going over to a window to purchase some snacks. I really didn't want to eat, but my stomach growled while he was gone. I placed my head on the table in defeat.