2 - Buggers

I walked, as normally and as nonchalantly as I could into the classroom. The sight of him typing away on his phone, with his brows knitted and a small smile playing on his lips caused my anger to resurface. It's all his fault, both of them actually. How could they fall in love and abandon me? They know they're the closest thing I have to love. Why do I have to share them with those guys?

I would have dated Kit just to keep Ai'Ming away if he'd shown the slightest interest in me. I was mad at me and him when I realized I'd acted out not because I loved him in that way but because I'd hated watching him act like he was falling in love with a guy who might just be playing with him.

I give Ai'Pha a little leeway because I'd watched him struggle with his love for years. I was happy and relieved when they met again and got together. But how was I to know they'll both find love right around the same time? I'd hoped Kit and I would remain single together for a little while longer. Now I regret asking Ai'Kit to investigate N'Ming with his body. He's doing it, not exactly what I'd suggested, but still... and it'll probably last a long time. I've never seen him like this; constantly checking his phone and actually replying to messages. He even took him home for his dad's birthday. They might as well get married.

I sat at my desk, gently. I didn't bother saying hello to my friends.

"Hey, Ai'Beam, where were you last night?" Ai'Kit tapped on my shoulder as he spoke.

"Probably getting laid...he's still blushing." Ai'Pha answered. Tsk, annoying. I wasn't blushing. My skin was a little red from my excessive scrubbing.

"I called you and sent you messages. Did you look at your phone this morning?"

"Kitty, stop shaking me while you're talking, and no, my phone is off."

It had died because I'd failed to charge it the previous night. I left it on the charger, in my room. I don't want him calling or texting me.

"So where were you last night?"

"Ai'Kit I told you already. Getting laid..." Ai'Pha turned to me "...was it good? You don't look like it was though."

"Aish, you two should stop bugging me."

Don't think about it, I silently implored myself.

It was good. Shia, how can I not think about it? It was so fucking good. I hate how much I enjoyed it. I even asked for more. This is not me and I'm not thinking about doing it again. Definitely not thinking about doing it again but fuck...it was all I thought about all through my morning routine today.

I placed my head on the table, horrified at my own thoughts. This can never happen again. It'll never happen again. I need to make sure to not drink while he's around. I need to avoid him as much as I can. I can't let him think I've agreed to date him, because I haven't. I don't date.

"Ai'Beam, can I have a look at your assignment? You got it done, right?"

"We did it together. Why do you need to see mine? If you have any questions just ask Mr. genius over there."

"He's on the phone, acting like an idiot. Just give it to me."

I sighed and reached into my backpack to hand over my assignment to Kitty. His phone must have vibrated because he took it out so quickly and smiled like an idiot after one look. I didn't need to be a genius to know why.