[4] (Part 2)

"Sacred Gear is driven with the power of desire. And it also determines the power for it as well. Even though you are a Devil, your will to desire hasn't been lost. The stronger you desire, the stronger your Sacred Gear will respond to you."

—Desire.

The power of desire will activate the Sacred Gear. 

So if I strongly wish for it, this will activate.

"There's one last thing you should never forget, Ise. Even a [Pawn] can take down the [King]. This is basic in chess. This truth also applies for the Devils' chess pieces. You can become stronger."

After saying that, she teleports to some other place through the magic-circle along with Akeno-san. The only ones left are me, (Y/N), Kiba, and Koneko-chan.

I took a deep breath, determined to go.

"Hyoudou-kun." Kiba calls me.

"Are you going?"

"Yeah, I am. I have to go. Asia is my friend after all. I'm the one who has to save her."

"You will get killed. Even if you have the Sacred Gear, and even if you use [Promotion]. You can't take down a group of Exorcists and Fallen Angels by yourself." (Y/N) explained,

Logical answer. I already know that. I'm very aware of that.

"Even so, I'm going. Even if I die, I will set Asia free."

"Good determination, that's what I would like to say but it's still reckless."

"Then what am I supposed to do!" I answered. but with a straight face on, he said it directly at me.

"I'm going too."

"Wha......"

"I am too." (Y/N) said,

I lost my words after hearing something unexpected. Of course. I just heard something that I wasn't expecting.

"I don't know much about Asia-san, but you are my comrade. Even though Buchou said that, there's a part of me that respects your decision. Also, I personally don't like Fallen Angels and priests. I detest them." This guy probably has some kind of past as well. But to hear the word "Comrade" from him......

"Remember what Buchou said? 'When you step foot in the location I acknowledge as 'Enemy's base', you are able to change into any piece besides the [King]'. So isn't she indirectly telling us that 'I acknowledge that the Church is the location where the enemy of Rias Gremory is'?"

"Ah."

I finally realize it. I see, so that's what she meant. That's why she told me the information about [Promotion].

"Buchou indirectly approved you to go. Of course, I think she also means that I should support you as well. Buchou may have some kind of plan. If not, she would have stopped you by locking you up somewhere." Kiba laughs.

Buchou, thank you very much!

I have witnessed how gracious Buchou is once again, and thanked her from the bottom of my heart. If I come back safely, I will work harder! I'm thanking Buchou who isn't here silently, and a small build girl approaches me.

"......I'm going as well."

"Wha-, Koneko-chan?"

"Nice Koneko!" (Y/N) approves Koneko to come with us...

"I feel uneasy for only having you three go."

Koneko-chaaaaaaaan! I can't tell what's going in her mind since she doesn't show any expression, but I feel like I just witnessed her kindness hidden in her!