XII

update: 3/4/18

Byul was massaging her forehead in distress as her brother kept on telling her the same things all over the times. She hated ridiculous things but what can she do? Everything that involved around her was netherless out of logic. As if there was no more logical explaination at all.

She sighed for the ninth times, looking at her brother as if he had lost his mind.

"So, you're saying thatttt...our next door neighbour never exist?"

Her brother nodded agressively to her question as if his brain about to explode but he knew better that his brain cannot do that so he just made a sad puppy eyes at her for one last time, wishing that she would believe him.

Been Byun Byul, it would be hard for her to believe him since she knew him ever since she was a child. Baekhyun was the weirdest brother among other brothers. He even barking like a puppy whilst he was asleep. Is there anything normal about him?

"Thennn, can you explain the voices? I don't think ghost can be that loud when they doing whatsoever behindㅡ" she pointed her finger at the wall and continued, "ㅡthat wall."

Jaehyun just looked at the two siblings in silence. He was actually tried to figure out the similarity between those two as sibling but he failed. He cannot point out which is which since both of them were completely...different.

In the amidst of the siblings bickering, the innocent Jaehyun could not help but to interuppt it with a question.

"Are you sure that you guys are sibling... for real?"

And of course, that question totally caught their attention. Especially, Baekhyun's. It made him felt guilty all over again. Well, would any sibling left their blood-related one like he did before?

The answer to it was...no one. He was the only one. And his reason was quite suspicious to begin with. He told her the reason he left her behind because of their never exist neighbour.

How would Byul believe in that when all of the voices she heard were all super real? Does ghosts have live their life like human does? Even sex life after...dead?

No, it didn't make sense. So, she kept on pushing his excuses away and just accepting Baekhyun back as her...big brother. Weird but she forgiven him after all. Why wasting her times on hating her brother when he was the only family she had?

Even though she had forgiven him, Baekhyun cannot accept it. He even felt much more guiltier when Jaehyun threw that question just now.

"We-"

"-are. Just having a completely opposite character. That's all."

Baekhyun was kind of astonished by her answer. It made him speechless and teary. Why did his sister took him back easily? Didn't she hate him for leaving her when she was young? All alone by herself? Why can she hate him like other would?

He looked at her and was surprised when his eyes met with her's. She had been looking at him all that time. What made him even surprise wasㅡ she was smiling, at him.

That even made him weak. Her smile had been his favourite. Whenever he was down, she always there for him after school, cheering her big brother with full of happiness and sincerity. But he repayed her kindness back by leaving her alone. He should had die rather than living in guilt.

Byul can read his face easily, thanks to her profession. She broke the eyes contact and turned her face to Jaehyun.

She glanced at the wall clock, "I bet we are all hungry since it's already past lunch time."

She chuckled and said, "Jae, can you cook lunch for us? Please?"

Jaehyun wasn't as dense as he looked. He can sense that she needed a little privacy moment with her brother and so, he nodded and made his way to the kitchen, leaving just the Byun siblings in the living room.

Baekhyun braced himself to talk but Byul beat him first when she suddenly hugged him, which it surprise him a big time.

"B-byul," he thought that he was the only one who was quivering over the hug, little did he know, she was quivering too, a lot, like him.

With broken voice, she said, "Even though I want to hate you, I really can't."

Her hug was tighter than before and she continued with her words, "You left me but you come back again for me because you felt guilty. Even it's kind of late, I actually forgive you becauseㅡ" she stopped for a moment and continued again, "ㅡyou're the only family I have," and she braced herself to say the next word since it had been a long time she called him by it.

"...opㅡpa."

Their lunch were quite comfortable with only the utensils made sounds. None of the three talk. They just ate and enjoyed the lunch just the way it was. Byul actually quite impressed by her brother because he can actually...stay quiet. Before, he was the one who cannot stop talking. Even when he was eating. His mouth always felt itchy whenever he stayed quiet.

That golden moment of Baekhyun stayed quiet was going to end after he took a gulp of water, eyes quivering around the dining area as for his lips, its starting to be itchy. At that right moment, before he can let any words escaped from his lips, Byul beat him.

Sighing, she asked, "You didn't change at all, huh?" putting her utensils down before lifting her left eyebrow up a little bit.

And her question had him grinning from ear to ear, making the latter laughed a bit at her never-changing-brother. Next, without they noticed, they actually got Jaehyun smiled toward their bond.

How he wished that Byul will be like that whenever she was with him, smiling and laughing like there was no end to it at all. He felt warmer after thinking about it and almost forgot his very first assignment, which it wasㅡ just be her toy only. Not more than that.

But recently, he felt something else whenever he was around her. He didn't know when or how or even worst, what had happen to him. He never had felt it but at that moment, when he witnessed how bright she was when she was genuinely happy even though it was just her brother, she was talking to, he can't help but to fall.

Even he never experienced it, he knew what he was feeling.

Byul teached him all about feelings. She said it was good thing to learn since he was lacking of being human. It had been a long time and he was a human before he turned into a toy. Now that he got Byul by his side, he got to be a human after a long time.

And, Jaehyun loves her for teaching him everything he needed.

No, not because of that.

He just loves her and that, actually made the demon mad. If both of them love each other, the demon will lose his toy, for sure, again.

The demon would not let it happen and it got a new plan.