The Unexpected CAN Happen (1)

The school day passed in a blur for Lizzie, today was the day. She had known it was coming for a long time, but still wasn't ready for it. As soon as the bell went signalling the end of the day, she rushed outside, searching for her dad's car in the car park. It didn't take long for her to find it and she all but flew over to the car and banged her head on the way in.

"Ow!" she muttered, closing the door and rubbing her head whilst fumbling for the seatbelt and throwing her bags into the foothold.

"Alright there Liz? You seem in a bit of a hurry!" chuckled her dad as he drove out of the parking lot and onto the main road, "did you have a bad day?" he asked, a little more seriously

"No, I just wanted to see Alec before he leaves" she replied, "I don't want him to leave, dad. I'm really going to miss him." For a moment, it looked like she was about to cry, but she held it in. This was his dream for as long as she could remember and she should be happy for him...she was happy for him, but she still didn't want him to leave. He was like an older brother to her.

"Don't worry Liz, I'm sure you'll be fine" he said, not understanding her pain and worry.

"No, dad. It's not me I'm worried about, it's Alec. What if he gets hurt? What if he gets..." she had to take a deep breath before being able to say this, "what if he gets killed?" She whispered

"He'll be fine my sweep, you know Alec better than I do, but even I know he knows how to take care of himself." His comforting words were off little comfort to 16-year-old Lizzie. For as long as she could remember, she had had Alec. They always played together and he used to protect her from all the bullies at school and now he was leaving...

They pulled up onto the driveway and Lizzie hauled her and her stuff out of the car and into the house, dumped everything in the hallway and rushed out again, to knock on the neighbour's door before letting herself in.

"Alec!" She yelled as she closed the door, she heard him call back and zoomed upstairs into his room. He was sitting on his bed, trying to do up his suitcase. He looked up when she walked into the room and his face lit up into a sad smile

"Little Lizzie" he said, standing up and pulling her into his arms, she was his little sister as far as relationships were concerned and he was going to miss her, even though this was his chance at his dream.

"I'm gonna miss you Little Liz" he said

She had felt fine when she walked into the room, but the hug had pushed it over the edge, she could feel the tears pooling

"I don't want you to go" she said, her voice sounded small and weak and she hated that, but she didn't have the will to be bothered anymore and just burst out crying

instead.

"Awww, don't worry about me Lil' Liz, I'll be home before you know it, honest"

"But I don't want anything to happen to you" she sniffed, looking up at him, looking for some reassurance

"I've done all the training" Was all he could say, he couldn't promise her that nothing would happen, because with the army you never knew...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

sooo what d'ya think? please comment, vote, etc thanks for reading :)