The Noose Tightens // Part Three

Start from the beginning

"Shut your mouth, you piece of shit. You think you're getting out of here?" His hands latched into my hair, yanking on my skull. "I'm about to make your life the definition of hell. Just you wait."

My head connected with the wall behind me by the force of his hand. I bit my lip to keep from crying out, knowing it was just earn me another injury in return. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I fought to get air back in my lungs while sobbing.

"No," My voice cracked as I crawled my way across the floor. "No."

My hands blindingly moved across the room until they connected with something else. Skin.

Another scream tore through my vocal chords as I took in the sight for the second time. My hands smeared the red liquid further as I tried to clean the skin of it. I wanted him back. I couldn't lose him too. I couldn't.

"Anthony, no!"

Hands ripped me away from him and threw me across the room, my weak body slamming against the tile. My hands, covered in blood, smacked against the floor, leaving prints on the white surface.

"I told you to shut the hell up!" He screamed even louder, letting his first punch the wall just inches from my face. "You did this, Savanna. You killed him. Happy?"

And then the world spun around me before disappearing for what I hoped was forever.

My throat couldn't take in air fast enough as my body flung up from its previous position on the couch. I waved my hands in front of my face, only to find they were clear of the blood that drenched them only seconds before. I dropped my arms as my nails scratched at the cushions in an attempt to remove any contact of it with my skin. I let out a sob, my eyes blinking tears out and down my cheeks.

"Vanna!"

I screamed as someone's hand grabbed my shoulder, making me fling myself to the other end of the couch. My body was shaking as I slammed against the armrest and came face to face with my sister and Archie.

"Don't," I choked out as I squeezed my eyes shut, willing the images to disappear from my head. "Please don't."

Veronica didn't say anything but rather stood up and returned with a glass of water, holding it out to me. I gently took it from her fingers into my own. My hands were so shaky that the water in the cup swished back and forth as I brought it to my lips.

I quickly drained the cup of water before leaning my head back against the cushions. My heart still pounded in my chest as I tried to take deep breaths to calm down. I shut my eyes and pressed my palm to my forehead.

"Are you okay?" Archie spoke quietly, as if I would shatter to pieces if he were any louder.

I gulped and pulled my head back up to curl into the cushions. "I think so," I mumbled as I tapped my fingers against the glass in my hand. "What happened?"

"I think you blanked when you saw..." Veronica trailed off before finding the right words. "Everything. You fainted so I had Archie carry you up here. Daddy's downstairs getting everything settled with Andre."

I nodded and let my eyes drift from the duo in front of me.

Veronica placed her hand on my knee slowly, waiting to see if I lashed out on her again. "Do you need anything, Van? Coffee, a granola bar? Maybe a-"

I shook my head. "No." I twisted the cup in my fingers. "Um, I'm going to head to bed, actually. Tell Mom I'm staying home tomorrow. Please."

Veronica gave me a small nod, her eyes following me as I let my legs fall off the side of the couch to sit up. She nudged Archie in the side before motioning her head.