Chapter 13: Friends?

Emily POV**

. I look at my phone longingly. its been two days since Russel tried to kiss me. Two days since I rejected him and told him only to call me if he was looking for a friendship. In truth, all I've really been doing the last two days was wait for his call...i miss Russel.i miss that boyish smile. I miss looking at the stars while he read aloud his own creation to me.

I'm pining over a boy that I rejected...

. Groaning, I check my phone for the bajillionth time today. But still no messages. No missed calls. Nothing. Sighing, I set my phone back down and go back to sewing another bridal dress for some girl named Tiana. Ella-my boss- comes over to check on me from the back, "What's the matter sweet pea?" she asks. I sigh and shake my head, "Nothing. I'm alright." Ella shakes her head, "don't you lie to me. Something's wrong. I can see it in those sweet eyes of yours." Giving in, I say, "Everything is wrong...."

. Ella takes a seat by me and places a hand over mine. Stopping me from continuing to embroider the lining of the dress. "Talk to me. I'm here to listen." Ella says. After I set the dress safely back on the mannequin, I sit back down and come clean. "I'm pregnant." Ella smiles, "Well that's great!" I shake my head, "But LyLeng left me for some other girl he got pregnant when he was cheating on me." Ella gasps and places a hand over her heart and a hand over my hand, "Emily, I am so sorry." I nod, "its okay. I-I'll survive. But I met this guy...His name is Russel. He makes me so happy but I dont think I should be with him. I mean, I just broke up with the father of my child! I should just be friends with Russel....he tried to kiss me and I turned him away and gave him my number to call when he was ready for friendship and nothing more.... But now I've sit around waiting for his call because I just want to be with him again and I-I just don't know what to do...."

. Ella stays silent a while just twirling a lock if her short blond hair. Finally she says, "Go for it." I frown, "What do you mean?" Ella smiles, "You need someone in your life Emily. And judging by how much you seem to like this Russel guy, I think you should just go for it. See how things turn out. There's no rule about how long you need to mourn a relationship before you're allowed to be happy with someone else. Especially when that last guy was a total jerk." I consider her words, "But I don't want to lose Russel forever if it doesn't work out..." Ella smiles sadly,"Well even if you stay just friends, you could still drift apart." She must see the turmoil in my eyes. She continues in a lighter tone, "If things work out, that's great. If they don't, you can stay friends. If he doesn't want to stay friends, well," she pats my shoulder, "That's just the risk you take. But if your whole body is saying to go for it, don't let some arbitrary social rules keep you from him." Nodding, I realize she's right.

. Ella pats my hand, "How about you take the rest of the week off to clear your head? Don't worry, you'll be paid for the week. I'll mail you the check, I'll finish the dress. You just go find your Russel and let come what may." Smiling, I stand and hug Ella. "Thanks Ella. I owe you." She hugs me back before releasing me, "Well if you feel like you owe me, then how about you tell me all the details of what happens with Russel when you return in a week?" I nod and then hurry to depart.

Russel showed me his house when we went there two days ago to get his book manuscript.

So I'm going to go there now.

Sully POV***

I high five Cornelius and Matt. We followed Boo and were whispering ideas into Ellas head. Thank God Boo listened to Ella! Cornelius hurries to Russels house, and the doctor and I continue to follow Boo. She seems lost in her thoughts, muttering,  "No, that's stupid," and shaking her head every now and again. 

At last we reach Russels house. Its time to go inside and see if we can get the magic to happen.