Chapter 3: getting caught

Sully POV***

     Little mikey JR. squirms in my arms. I've been trying to get him to go abck to sleep for a while now. It's almost 6 in the morning! I grab Mikey a cookie from the cookie jar and he squeals happily. I hold the cookie out of his reach, "I give this to you and you have to go back to sleep or you'll never get another cookie for the rest of your life." Jr. nods happily and reaches his suction cupped hands for the chocolately cookie. Rolling my eyes, I hand it to him and set him in his crib. Staying true to his word, Mikey Jr. eats the cookie and goes right to sleep.

    Groaning, I plop own in the seat beside him and start to look over my speech again. I was Russel's best man for the wedding. So I had to make a speech. Fun!...Well, fun for a person who enjoys writing or is at least good with words...I on the other hand am terrible with words. I can say coherent things and deep things, sure. But I can't really say them in front of people....Here, what do you think of my speech?

       Okay. I'm the best man apparently. Or at least, the best monster. And I'm supposed to tell you about how wonderful Russel and Boo are. But I don't think I can. I mean, I don't go on dates with them. I don't listen to how they speak with each other. But I've seen a few things. Like how Russel holds Boo's hand when she's nervous. Or when Boo secretly let's Russel win at checkers to make him happy. Though I don't see them all the time, I see them most of the time. And I can tell they really do love each other. So I'm glad if someone has to take my Boo away, it's Russel.

And to Russel! You had better take good care of Boo. Touch her and you're dead. Cheat on her and you're dead. Make her cry and you're dead. Basically....Just be good to her. And the same goes to you Boo.

    It's terrible. Lord knows how terrible it is! I don't think I can come up with anything better though....Maybe my old college friend Squishy can help me. He ended up becoming a writer. Made alot off the book thatv was about our college days. I heard they even turned it into a movie!

      I groan and lay my head on the back of the chair. I was up all night with that little demon of a child.I could use a nap myself.  With a heavy yawn I fall into a dreamless sleep......

----------------------

     I wake up to see Mike smiling at me, "Hey sleepy head. Me and Ceila came back a bit early. It's about 8 now. You're welcme to stay if you like?" I shake myhead, "Nah, I have to get back to Boo." Mike nods and I see Ceila picking up Jr, and rocking him softly. "Thanks for watching him Sully. I appreciate it." I smile and nod, "Oh it was no problem He was an angel." I lied. The kid was a demon to me. But he's just a kid. So I'll let it go.

    After I say goodbye, I run off to work. I don't have to work today of course but the door to Russel's was in my office. I hurry to unlock the door and run upstairs. Upon reaching my office, I smile and think of seeing Boo. With that thought in mind, I hurry off through the door.

      I emerge in the living room. It's empty. Although there is an excess of snacks and junk food left out on the table. I notice a pillow and blanket lying abandoned on the floor. An eyebrow quirks slightly on my face, "Boo?" I whisper. Where is she? And where's Russel? I walk up the stais quietly in case my little angel is still asleep. I arrive to see her door is still ajar. I lightly push it open, "Boo?" She's not in here....Where is she then? Maybe I can ask Russel. Perhaps Boo went out for a morning jog, or she went with Lilo for something.

     Slowly, I make my way down the hall to Russel's room. I lightly knock, "Russel?" No answer. Hmm. Has everyone gone out? I hope not. Because if they went out, that meant I would have to wait until they got back to see them. (See, I can't go out into town. If I did, I'd be caught by some bear poacher or otherwise detained by the FBI.)