Chapter 11:Time to fix...well...time

Sully POV***

        The minute we land, I hop out.  We're now on Pixar Street, the morning after what was supposed to be Boo's wedding. Cornelius and Matt follow me,"Okay, we're ghosting again. But I know how we can get Emily and Russel to the same places at the same times." I nod, "How?" The doctor goes on, "Emily will go to the park at just a little past 9 today. If we can get Russel there too, we can get them to meet!"

        I nod but a question arises, "But we're ghosting. How do we get Russel to the park?" The doctor smiles, "We can't be sensed by anyone but each other. However- we can speak into people's minds. We'll be like that little voice in the back of Russel's head. Like his conscience." I nod and follow the doctor to Russel's house. Time to fix...well....time.

Russel POV***

        Sighing, I slug out of bed. It's 8:17 in the morning. Still relatively early. Slowly, I shuffle downstairs. No school. I was off for a few weeks. Thankfully. Now, I can get back on track with my love life. My love life has been sort of a wreck. I've dated about a hundred and one different girls. But none of them have that-I don't know-spark? None of them give me those butterflies or those tingles in my fingertips. No girl has ever made me fall head over...sneakers.

        I make it into the kitchen and hastily make myself some cereal. Of course, just as I sit down to eat it, it's already soggy. Whatever...I start t eat when I hear, "Park." I look up and drop my spoon. Mr.Fredrickson isn't here. He's still asleep. He always sleeps late. So what was that?

        I look around before starting to eat again. And yet again, I hear, "I should go to the park." I look around before realizing it. It was just my conscience! Guess, I should go to the park then. Who knows? Maybe for the first time in forever, I'll meet the one.

Pfft, yeah right.

        But I'll go anyway. Might as well. I have nothing better to do. Nothing better to do other than look for that special one. Look for her.

        After I finish my cereal, I put away the bowl and start for my room again. Once I'm changed into some denim jeans, and a white button down, I slip on my sneakers. The entire time, "Go to the park." Keeps sounding off in my head. Rolling my eyes I shout at myself, "I'm going! 'm going." Immediately the voices in my head shut up. Odd....

        Soon, I head downstairs and leave a note for Mr.Fredrickson. Then I slip the note under his bedroom door and head downstairs to the front door. Quickly, I grab my keys andhead out the front door. The car door slams shut behind me as I plop into the drivers seat. The engine roars to life and I back out of the drive and head to the park. It's only a few miles away.

        When I reach the park, I smile. I always liked the park. It was pretty and softand calm and gentle. Smiling, I recall all the trips me and my scout group went on to this very park. But then I remember how I had my first kiss in this park under the sycamore tree with a girl named Alice. Geez, I really need to find my girl already. She's out there. I can feel it. She's close but not close enough. And I just really want to find her...

        Before I exit the car, I spot the time. I's about 9 o'clock now. Mr.Fredrickson should just about be waking up. Slipping the keys out of the ignition, I exit the car. The leaves look nie and green today. Maybe I'll just sit under the old Sycamore until lunch. "No!" The voices scream in my head. God, it's not just a voice in my head! It's voices! Plural! What the heck is going on?

        "I should go to the fountain." A voice in my head says. Frowning I think, 'but I want to stay under the sycamore.' But another voice-different from the first- says, "The fountain attracts alot of cute girls. Might as well check now. Then after that, I can relax under the sycamoe tree." Shrugging to myself, I listen to the voices and head to the fountain in the very center of the park.