twenty six

"This is so awkward." Jimin mumbled as he and Taehyung walked to a nearby cafe to have lunch together.

When the boy had asked to about it earlier this week he had agreed simply for the fact he didn't think it was going to be such a big deal. But now it was just plain awkward  between the two after an eventful night for both. 

Taehyung although not to pumped about their date was still looking brighter and happier then the older. 

The two walked into the cafe, Taehyung ordering a ham and cheese sandwhich while Jimin ordered a slice of chocolate cake. 

The two sat in silence, the sound of tapping fingers and feet to be heard as they struggled to find something to talk about.

"So..." Taehyung lengethed out the word, jutting his lips out slightly.

"So what?" Jimin asked not amused by the boy's playful attitude when he was so used to him being broody and distant. 

"I saw you..."

"What?" 

"Yesterday, near the pool." Taehyung explained and Jimin stared blankly at him. He should have felt guilty but he didn't. He knew Taehyung didn't care about him so why did it matter?

"And?" Taehyung scrunched his nose in disgust.

"Jeez Jimin, why is it so easily for you to hop from one person to the next?" Jimin narrowed his eyes leaning forward on the table. 

"What are you talking about?"

"You used to be childhood friends with Yoongi right? But you left him when Jungkook came around, and then became distant with him when I started flirting with you. And now, you've moved on from me to Yoongi like it's no big deal." Jimin's blood was boiling, the boy standing from the table to leave.

"I don't need to hear this from you."

"Oh but you do, because you're so blind and can't see the people you're hurting."

"Aww, did you actually like me?" Jimin faked a pout.

"As if you brat.  Jungkook, your apprantly best friend? Yeah, he liked you, cared for you, cherished you, and loved you through every stupid step you've taken, and you? You didn't even notice, didn't even care."

"W-What?" Jimin's jaw hung in shock at this new information, everything starting to click together in his head.

"He saw you last night too, with Yoongi. It broke him, not like you would now how much he cried, how many times he whimpered your name while you were too busy sucking faces. That's just how you are Jimin. If someone even gives you a hint of attention you feed off of it like a starved dog, and in that pretty little head of yours you're probabaly thinking how your going to run back to Jungkook and apologize for being so blind." Taehyung spat the words, blunt and harsh, each striking Jimin where it hurt deeply. "But you can't, because the damage is done, and I, someone who he hates was there for him at his weakest, and you Park Jimin are nothing more then an attention whore." And with those words Taehyung left, leaving Jimin to stare blankly at the place where he once sat. 

Was it true? Did he crave the attention and nothing more? Had he even cared for any of them? Jungkook, Taehyung,...Yoongi? 

•••

a/n;

md: 2