Chapter 12: Friend Zoned and broken hearted

Start from the beginning

Russel POV***

        Emily drinks her hot chocolate happily. Every now and then she moans like it's the greatest thing she's ever eaten. Her moans of happiness make my southern region feel a bit warm but I do my best to ignore it. 'Tell her about yourself.' my conscience whispers. Without a second thought I listen to my conscience. I mean, my conscience got me to find this wonderful girl who seemed to have sparks igniting all within me. And I haven't even kissed her yet! She might be the one. Wait, what am I saying? Feelings can't develop this fast. Can they? Smiling, I say to her, "So my love life is just as crappy as yours. Well, maybe not as bad, but it certainly isn't much better." Emily looks at me sadly, "What's wrong with your love life?" I sigh, "I've been searching forever and a half for the one. But she seems to either be avoiding me or must be dead. I can't find her anywhere." Emily looks at me slightly pitiful, "That's too bad. But hey," She takes my hand and squeezes it, "I'll help you look for her." I smile and nod.

        Her hand is much warmer now. It's so soft and gentle. Especially compared to my rough and calloused hands created from years of being a scout and, later,  a scout master. She blushes and starts to remove her hand, "Sorry!" But I grab her hand before it can get away, "No, I-I like holding your hand." Emily nods and blushes a deeper shade of pink.

        "You know, it's so adorable when you do that." I admit to her. She raises her eyebrows, "Do what?" I point at her cheeks, "Blush." She laughs lightly and tries to hide her pink cheeks by looking down at her near empty cup of hot chocolate. I release her hand and she hides it under the table. "Would you like to be my friend?" She whispers without looking up at me. Smiling, I nod and say, "Emily, that would make me very happy." She looks up at me and smiles. Oh my god. She's so adorable. She has light red blush still fading from her cheeks, her lips curve sweetly in a small smirk,and her eyes just twinkle.

She's cute.

She's hot.

..............

I want to kiss her so badly.....

Emily POV***

        Russel said he'd be my friend! Yes! I have a friend! Someone to talk to. Someone to just be honest with. I look into his soft caring and gentle eyes, "You want to go to a movie or something? I just need something to take my mind off of LyLeng and all this stress." Russel nods, "Sure, what movie do you want to see? I think there's some animated movie, an action movie-uh what else is there?- there's-" But I shake my head and cut him off, "I'd much rather see the scary movie that came out. Oculus or something like that." LyLeng hated scary movies, and I wanted distance from things associated with him. I continue, "Would you mind?" Russel shakes his head, "Nah, I love scary movies. Sounds fun." I smile and follow him out of the cafe and into the sunny, outside world.

Sully POV***

        Boo is going on a date. She's going on a date with Russel and I'm going to be sitting with them during their date....Huh, never thought that would ever happen.... We reach the theater shortly. Russel and Boo sit towards the top of the theater. About as far from the screen you can get. "Why exactly would Boo want to come here though? Did you put this movie thought in her brain?" I ask Cornelius and the Doctor. The doctor shakes his head, "Nope. But Emily has a memory of watching this movie with Russel. Her sub conscience gave her the idea to come see this movie. Not us." Cornelius chuckles, "Score one for subconscious."

        Russel and Boo take their seats. They didn't get any snacks for the movie except for an icee for Boo. Hmm, Russel really was a gentleman. He barely knew Boo and yet he was being so very kind to her. The theater lights dim and the movie starts after what seems like an eternity of previews for other movies I'll probably never see anyway. Boo slurps her drink and watches the movie. It starts off with a girl and a boy running from something. And when the camera turns around to show what they're running from exactly, Boo whimpers and leans closer to Russel. Of course, Russel doesn't seem to mind at all.