Caught in limbo

Mulai dari awal

She roll her eyes at me. "I wonder what tricks this girl had up her sleeve to turn your head like this. What did she let you do to her ? I bet she she was a real kinky.. you know with..".

I grab her her throat almost lifting her of the seat. "Shut up.. shut up right now or I swear to God..". I realise the chauffeur is staring at me in the mirror and I let go. "Not another word Madison".

*Zac*
"Are you sure about this love ?" I ask nervously as we walk to the front door. We are going to have sunday lunch with Zaina's parents, and I am about to freak out.

She takes my hand. "Don't worry. Ian is going to be there too and just ignore my mom if she comes with any stupid comments".

"I just wished she didn't hate me or that I knew how to make her see me in a better light". I say with a sigh as she rings the bell.

Her mother opens the door, looking down her nose at me, her expression clearly telling me that to her I am filth. "Hi Zaina, come on in".

"Hi mom". She say, looking down.

Okay I need to be the bigger person here, so I smile at her. "Good day Mrs Robinson, it was nice of you to invite me".

"I didn't invite you, if it was up to me you weren't let in the house". She say and turn on her heel. And I wish I could say it didn't hurt.

"Mom !" Zaina looks shocked and hurt, she squeezes my hand. "I am sorry Zac, but please ignore her. Someone forgot to tell her about Christian charity".

I nod, this is going to be long and painful, but I am going to do it for Zaina. Hopefully if I remain graceful here, if I am the bigger person, then her mom will see that I am not a monster. "Don't worry love, I am used to.. less than friendly mothers".

Inside we are greeted by Ian and their father, whom are both friendly. Then the doorbell ring and her mother smiles. "Oh by the way sweetie, I invited Michael. I know you always had a soft spot for him".

"Michael !? As in the guy who stood me up because I didn't sleep with him on the fourth date ?" She says shocked, and I feel my toes curl.

"Well he probably saw what kind of underwear you wear and logically expected you to put out". She turns and go to let in Michael.

Zaina quickly grabs me as I am about to walk after her mom. She can say whatever she want about me, but I am not listening to her putting Zaina down. "No Zac, ignore it".

"I am with Zac here, that was uncalled for. Someone should put mom in her place". Ian say, looking at their father.

He sigh. "Your mother is not always a kind woman. But she has her own reasons. She is misguided. So please bear with her. And Zac, I apologise for her behaviour, you have done nothing to deserve it".

Her mother and Michael comes walking in. He is a fairly good looking man, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He is a couple of inches smaller than me. He comes over shaking my hand. "Oh so you are the one who stole her from me".

"Stole her ? Hmm as I remember it she was stood up.. but hey your loss is my gain, so thanks for doing that". I tell him with a friendly smile.

*Zaina*
"I think it went pretty well, I mean taking everything into consideration". I says as we leave the house after two hours. I am not really meaning it.. I mean it could have been worse, Zac for one handled it well.

He looks at me with one eyebrow raised. "Well yeah I guess you can say that. If we overlook that Ian and Michael almost got into a physical fight and that your mother made the sign of the cross everytime she looked at me by accident".

"Yeah okay. Honestly I can't believe my mom invited Michael. Like she really think I would have any interest in him whatsoever". I shake my head.

Zac tenses up. "Hadn't I had so much respect for your father and it being his house I would have kicked his ass. To bad Ian didn't do it. The way he flirted with you and those comments, like you should be grateful he wanted you, uhh I would have loved to put him in his place".

"I am proud you kept your cool. You are coming out as the good guy here". I tell him. I know it hadn't been fun for him.

He smile softly at me. "Everything for you love. And by the way, it was kind of worth it to see you mothers face when Ian told that he was going to make a weekly show with sex advice".

"Oh that was priceless, I literally thought she was going to faint". I giggle. My brother loves to wind up my mother at times.

Zac puts his arm around me, pulling me into his side. "I kind of felt sorry for your father, trying to keep control with all of you".