16| Smoke & Fire

- The New Official Book Cover was done by @nerdfpiper - Thank You!-

|VANICA|

                "Where are we going?" She asked as she climb out Venroy's Window, with Daisy following behind.

"Someone wants to meet us," he simply replied as he all jump to the ground simultaneously.

"And who is this someone?" Daisy question as Three robust guy appear towards us.

"I'm Derrick," The guy in the middle step forward and introduce himself.

"I'm Simone," the guy on his left announced with a wide grin.

"And I am Zac, without a K. Your really beautiful Luna." he complimented earning a back of the head slap from Derrick as Venroy appear beside her protectively. "Thank you" she smiled at him as Joshua, Draga and a guy she never met before appear.

A growl emerge from Simone.

"I suggest you all get along because you are all our trusted guards from now on. I choose you all because I know you will all become great friends." Venroy stated.

"Now that explain why everyone was giggling when Alpha Cion called us out, were the lowest of the guarding tribe." Zac muttered.

"That's because they underestimate you all. I have seen what your bloodline does, so From now on you will train with Daisy and I at sun down. No later. I have discuss it with my sister mate so you are all free from any obligations that your Captain bestow upon you." he stated.

"Does that mean we get more free time."

"No buddy that mean harder training. Have you seen what kind of people we are. Our training doesn't consist of flexing just muscles." Daisy gritted as she push past them.

"So suck up your differences and work together." Venroy snare as he took her hand and lead them into the direction they were supposed to be going. Vanica could hear reluctant sigh as they all follow behind.

Within half an hour they arrived at an isolated Cabin that was sitting in the center of the forest. The scent of baking swirls around them as they arrived at the door. Before Venroy could knock the door was fly open to reveal a woman in a huge grey dress, with a dirty apron covering the front of her body.

"Honey they are here?" She shouted to someone.

"Come in," she step back with a wide.

"Oh My god you have gotten so beautiful." The woman pulled her into a hug, squeezing her tightly.

"You guys and the entourage, never fades us." she said starring at the guys behind us.

"Come all in, no one is going to attack us here. Once the forbidden four is here. no one dear mess with us." she ushered them in. "Forbidden Four?" Daisy question starring at us questioningly. Vanica follow everyone as they walked into a dinning room were a table was decorated and filled with food arrange in buffet style.

Just as the man turn, a recognition filled her face. Where have she seen him before? .

"Venroy it's so weird not seeing you with Zaya. You both were unstoppable." he greeted her brother, who hugged him back.

"And I keep telling you, I don't know any Zaya." he smiled at him.

"I know," he stated with a sympathy grin.

"Let's eat and then we talk, I'm starving." She smiled as a little girl walked in with an archer and arrow that was bigger than her. "Mommy look what I found," the little girl grin up at her mother.

"Sweetie, I told you don't touch Vanica weapons. You could get burn." She warned her daughter, she took the weapons from her and she suddenly approach the little girl and weirdly she felt connected to the weapon.

"May I?" she asked.

"Yeah but be careful, It burn Max yesterday." she smiled up at her. Vanica slowly took the weapon from her and as she touch it a vine of fire stream from her body, onto the archer setting it on fire. Something flicker inside her, She raise the bow and archer and release it into the fireplace causing the fire to emerge into a bigger flame.

"Your powers have gotten brighter. We heard what you did to Segar." she smiled at her.

"Why do I feel like I know you." She turned to the man and asked.

"Because you do, I'm your Uncle." He said as he took his gloves off and a fire ball appear in his hand.

"How do you think you were able to stop your brother from crumbling that Pack house." He asked.

"That was you?" she asked, for some odd reason she had hope it was her father.

"Yes, Your father thought me a few tricks before he disappear leaving you all four on my doorstep." He said starring at us all. "I'm hungry," Daisy stated.

"Your different." he said to Daisy as he barely touch her.

"No I'm just Daisy." Daisy muttered as she reach for an orange from the basket.

"No, your more than that. Your just lost at the moment." He said with sadness in his voice.

"Whatever you say old man." Daisy said as she stumbled onto a chair that was empty, Her Uncle stumbled back as she his wife came to his aid. "She's not the same, but she's still Paige in there." the woman whispered in hush voice.

"Come on let full up your niece and nephew before we talk to them." she send a smile her way as Venroy lead them to her to the table. There was such a oddness that surround the table, Vanica kept her gaze upon the couple who was eating and whispering to each other politely. But her Uncle kept starring at Daisy with every chance he could which was creeping out Daisy.

"I know they are weird but they save me a year ago when I stumbled in their cabin uninvited one rainy night." Venroy said to her.

"They know more about who I am than I even know." He said.

"I try to hurt them but they know how to deal with my powers." he said.

"Freaky uh. It's weird he's our Uncle. I don't see the resemblance but he claims our father was rip from their pack as a baby and was never seen until he came to them with us." he sip the thick substance that look to be blood and liquor. Disgusting.

" It took me a year and half to trust them. It's been rough." he stated.

"You were just been a stubborn boy, like you always been." Their Uncle said behind them causing us to stare up at him. "You still have that look when I always butt into your private conversations." he smiled handing them both a glass of water.

"And that's impolite," Vannica snap at him.

"She still got that fierce attitude." he chuckled.

"I still remember the day you almost burn me to crisp," he draw chair towards them as he gets ready to share the story of how they met. "He's writer he tends to prolong things," His wife smiled at them as Venroy rolled his eyes at him as he reach for the bowl of slice bread to dip in his fish broth soup.