Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I gasped and started to backup slowly, I tripped on a twig and fell on my bottom. Why was he here? He was supposed to be dead! I pinched myself hard and prayed that this was only a dream. It was not like I was not happy about him being alive, but this felt unreal. My check stung and one by one tears drenched my face.

I opened my mouth and the only thing that came out was, “Jamie.” He looked different, and when he stared at me I shivered.

“My childhood friend, I’m glad you remember me,” Jamie said bitterly. “I thought I would never see you again. Ha, if I didn’t come to find you, we would never meet because you betrayed me!”

“Betrayed, what do you mean?!” I yelled in confusion. I didn’t do anything to betray him. I left like he wanted me to, so why was he saying this?

“You mated to our enemy!” He tugged my arm and made me stand up, he looked into my eyes and bewailed, “That person’s son! The person that made our lives miserable, the person’s son that tortured you!”

“What are you talking about? Cade’s parents would never do that. They are so nice!” I shook my head not believing what he was talking about. The Everest family was so nice, they gave me a home when I lost one, and they gave me love when I need it.

“Ha. You mean his foster parents?” Jamie’s eyes turned black and if looks could kill it would have destroyed me already. “I bet you wouldn’t know this, his so called parents are not his real parents.”

“No, you must have gotten he information wrong, Cade looks so much like Linda that it’s funny when you say this.” I gave out a dry laugh and hoped that Jamie would laugh with me. Instead I got a snort from him.

“They look so alike because Mrs. Everest is his aunt. His father is her sister.” My eyes got big, I recalled Linda saying something about her and her brother being in my old pack.

“So what? His father didn’t torture me! I don’t care if he was from the Blood Moon pack. I was born there also!”

“What you don’t know is that his mother is the alpha female.” My head snapped up and my eyes were as big as a meatball. No, it can’t be, he can’t. The alpha female tortured me a lot before, punching me and pushing me around like a servant, what was worse was that she almost took me to a rapist. Good thing Jamie was there to save me.

The ice cold eyes that she owned, the eyes that freaked me out many times, she was the one that gave birth to my beloved one.

“Lia?” Cade’s gentle voice was loud and clear through our connection. “I’m done with basketball so let’s go home.”

“I see your traitorous mate, is calling for you.” Jamie said with the same haunting voice as the alpha female and my parents.

Something snapped in me and I screamed, “Cade couldn’t choose his parents! He is a different person and I don’t care if his parents is the alpha female! I will stay by his side forever!”

His lips curled up into a smirk, “Let me warn you once, he would be in danger if you stay near him. If you do love him then stay away from the whole Everest family!” In a blink he disappeared in thin air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Happy 4th of July! I just realized there is like 5 or 6 more chapters left hahaha. Anyways I hope you guys support until the end! As usual please vote, comment and fan!