17- Field Trip

Peter jumped over the fence of Allison's backyard, walking to her window's. Her lights were on, and no other light in the house was on. Suddenly, a window opened, and Allison leaned out of it. 

     "You know, you're going to get me in trouble if we do this cheesy romance movie thing," she said with a slight shrug. Peter smiled, walking to the window. 

     "I guess you're going to have to trust me," Peter said leaning against the window sill. Allison held up his suit, Peter's eyes darting to it quickly. 

     "Guess you're going to need this then," Allison said. She climbed out of the window, shutting it behind her. Peter took the suit, looking down at his clothes. "So, where does this adventure start?" 

     "Do you have a credit card?" Peter asked. Allison smiled, holding up the plastic card. 

     "I though ahead," she shrugged. Peter nodded, grabbing her hand and walking her towards the street. They walked down the road a quarter mile until Peter pulled out a pair of car keys. Allison's eyes widened as she got in the car. "This isn't yours is it?" 

     "How'd you know?" Peter asked as he started the car. He began driving towards the highway, nerves building up in him. He had taken his drivers test, but he also had to bail at the very end to stop some guys robbing a bank. Somehow the instructor didn't notice. 

     "Because there's no way you can afford a Tesla," Allison commented with a scoff. Peter shrugged, pulling up the directions. "So, where are we going?" 

     "New York," Peter answered. Allison looked at him with wide eyes, Peter noticing her gaze. "I-It's okay. I know what I'm doing. This is for your own good. Something's happened and I need your help." 

     "Somethings happened? Are you shitting me? I'm a sophomore in high school! I'm planning on going to college and start an acting career! I can't skip town," Allison complained. Peter sighed, shaking his head. 

     "Yes you can because this isn't real," he muttered to himself. 

     "What?" Allison asked. 

     "Nothing," Peter remarked. Allison got quiet for a long time, eventually falling asleep. Peter was wide awake though. He was focused on the drive to New York, and not crashing the car. Suddenly, his phone vibrated in the cup holder. He picked it up to see a message from Tony. His eyes widened as he quickly put the car on auto pilot. 

Mr. Stark
Kid, where are you? 
Are you and Allison okay?
We're searching the whole world

Peter
We're fine. In a different
universe. I'm trying to find 
out how to get back. Ask 
the boy who sent us here if 
he can do anything. 

Mr. Stark
The kid is in a coma state. 
He can't use his powers until
he wakes up. I'll find something.

Peter
Great. I'm trying my best to 
help Allison, Mr. Stark. She doesn't
know who she is. It's bad. 

Mr. Stark
Hang tight, kid. We'll get you two back
here. 

Peter
Thank you, Mr. Stark. 

     Peter set down his phone, taking the wheel again. He glanced over at the sleeping Allison, a frown on his face. He looked back to the road again. He wanted to get Allison to remember everything again. He wanted it all to be normal. Was it too much to ask? 

          *****

     Tony sat in the kitchen at the compound, his leg tapping up and down on the stool. He realized he had to help Rhodey with his new legs today, but he couldn't bring himself to it. He needed to find a way to get back Peter and Allison.