8- Fire = Bad

Peter

     The end of the week, and here comes summer. We're finally done. It's time to relax, have time to ourselves, and be free. Everyone will probably go to parties and go to the pool. Now what will I be doing? Most likely training at the Avengers compound, fighting crime in Queens, and hanging out with the best girl in the school. 

     Allison. Tony told me about the suit he made, and she showed it to me. In all honesty, it's really cool. If I was Allison, I would be over joyed. But, I'm not. I'm Peter Parker. And it's time to go stop that fire on the twenty-second floor of that building. Oh no. 

     I run down in an alleyway, taking off my clothes and putting my suit on. The minute I'm ready, I hold my arm out and swing straight to the building. The minute my feet hit the ground, I look around for any people. 

     "Ohhhhh no," I said, running in and looking for people. 

     "Help!" a voice that was all too familiar screamed. No, this is her dad's building? "Someone help!" Allison? I swing over fire, and land behind the desk that's crushing her. She couldn't move, and I'm positive fire effects her ability to teleport. 

     "Hey, I'm here!" I said jumping over an bending down to grab her. 

     "No, get my dad," she said pointing to the unconscious man across the room. 

     "But-" 

     "Peter, do it," she said moving to try and push the desk off of her. I sighed, running over and grabbing him from the ground. I swing out of the building and towards the ground setting him down. I look back up, climbing up the building and running back in. 

     "Allison?!" I yelled, running through the fire and dodging fall wood. 

     "I'm over here!" she yelled, making me swing over and bend down. 

     "Why haven't you teleported out?" I asked, moving the desk and grabbing her. 

     "Fire effects my powers," she said while coughing and grabbing my shoulder. 

     "Hold on tight," I said extending an arm. She grabbed onto my waist, as I held an arm out. Right as we were about to leave, a piece of wood fell blocking our exit. 

     "Oh shit," I muttered, stepping back and grabbing Allison from her legs. She didn't mind as she let her head rest on my shoulder. I looked around, seeing one way, but it leads straight into another building which would also cause an explosion because it's also next to the gas line. And it's also large enough to take one person through. 

     "Peter, let me try to get us out," she said, making me shake my head. 

     "What if something happens?" I ask, making her shake her head. 

     "Let me try," she said. I nodded, letting her close her eyes in concentration. In a second we were outside the building, and just in time that we weren't crushed. I look down at Allison to see her unconscious which made me panic. 

     "Allison," I said, setting her down and shaking her a bit. "No, no, wake up. Stay with me." I look around, crawling to my bag where Allison had miraculously teleported us to. I grab my phone from it, dialing Mr. Stark. 

      "Hey, Peter. What's up?" 

     "Mr. Stark! It's Allison. There was a fire at her dad's building while she was visiting and fire weakens her powers. And now she isn't waking up and I don't know what to do and you need to help me!" I said, full panic taking over my person. 

     "Peter, slow down. Where are you guys?" he asked, most likely now getting up and getting a suit. 

     "Can I just tell you the building her dad works at?" I asked slightly concerned. 

     "Yes, go," he said making me look up at the firemen putting out the fire. 

     "Well it's on fire," I said squinting my eyes to see the title. 

     "That's all I need, I'll see you in a minute. Don't hang up, kid," Mr. Stark said making me nod. I set the phone down and put it on speaker. "Tell me if she's breathing." I bend down, listening to find her breath. 

     "She's breathing, but it's faint," I said grabbing her wrist to check for a pulse. Thank god that's there. "She has a pulse." 

     "Great. Get out your phone and count it for ten seconds, see if it's normal. If it's two above or two below twenty, it's normal," Mr. Stark said as I nodded and checked my watch while counting. 

     1...

     "Come on," I said shifting my feet a bit. 

     2...

     "How many seconds, kid?" Mr. Stark asked. 

     3....

     "Four," I said breathing in and looking at the watch again.

     4...5....

    6...

    "It's at ten beats and six seconds," I informed. That sounds bad. 

     7...

     "Wait until ten," Mr. Stark said and I nodded.

     8...

     "Nine," I mumbled while feeling two more beats. 

     10...

     "Fifteen beats in the ten second span," I said putting my wrist down and grabbing my phone. 

    "That's not good, hold on, I see you," he said. I look up as Mr. Stark comes down and touches base next to us. He gets out of the suit and kneels next to Allison as I get up and take off my mask. "How long has it been?" 

     "About five minutes," I responded kneeling again. Mr. Stark started to check her vitals with the suit and grabbed one of the wrist pieces. After waiting a second, he takes the wrist piece again. 

     "I need you to find her dad and tell him that I'm taking Allison to the Avengers safe house," Mr. Stark said getting back in the suit. He bends down picking Allison up and looking up. "I'll have Happy send you the address." 

     "What do I tell him happened?" I asked stepping forward before he left. 

     "That she was in a fire and got really sick. Think of a good excuse," he said making me nod slightly. 

     "Should I bring him there?" I asked as he started floating off the ground. 

     "Of course you should, he thinks she's enrolled in the same program as you. It will be fine," he said. A second later, he took off and flew towards where the house is. This is going to be harder than I thought. 

          *****

     After putting my mask back on, I walked out of the alley to see Allison's dad sitting on the end of an ambulance. He looked like he was crying, as well did everyone else. Did they think I was dead? That doesn't matter. I run through the crowd, stopping in front of him. He looked up at me confused, then became interested. 

     "Where's Allison?" he asked standing up. 

     "She's safe and I can take you to her," I informed him as I held my hand out. 

     "Please," he nodded making me nod slightly. I grabbed him, aiming for a different building. Then, we were off. 

~*~

Sorry for no update on Saturday. I was at a soccer camp. 
But here is the update now. It's about to get real with Allison's
plot. You'll understand soon. 

Alright, bye, peeps.