7- Secret Identity

Allison

     "You, you're the Vanish!" Abby said walking towards me. 

     "No! No, no, no!" I said turning Peter around and shoving him towards the window. He put on his mask, climbing out quickly and swinging to the other building. I sighed of relief, then realized his bag is still here. Oh well. 

     "Yes you are! You just teleported in here!" she exclaimed. 

     "No, no!" I walked to my door, shutting and turning the lock. "This isn't happening." 

     "So are you like an Avenger?" she asked making me look over. 

    "What makes you think that?" I asked confused as I picked up Peter's bag and put it under my bed. I turned around again to see he holding her phone out. It was security footage of the battle last week. Well shit. "That's not me." 

     "Yes it is!" she said putting her phone in her back pocket. 

     "That's all on youtube, right? That's fake, you know?" I said putting my hands on my hips. 

     "Come on, I saw you just poof into the room," she said holding her hand out to where I was with Peter. "With Spider-Man!" 

     "Okay, so?" I said, picking up the book she dropped and putting it back on its shelf. 

    "Are you an Avenger?" Abby asked making me shrug. 

     "Yeah, basically," I said walking to my bag and grabbing some books. "Look, you can't tell anyone about this." 

     "Yeah, totally," she said making me sigh. 

     "I can't believe this is happening," I said turning and running a hand through my hair. 

     "This is the best thing that has ever happened to me! My best friend is Vanish," Abby said with excitement on her face. 

     "Please be quieter, we have thin walls," I said holding a hand out. Abby nodded, stepping back and looking around. 

     "And just for your information, you need a wardrobe update," she said making me put a hand on my hip. 

     "Excuse me?" I asked with a bit of sass. 

     "Yeah, your costume for Vanish, not good. Leather jacket and jeans? You need an update," she said making me roll my eyes. 

     "Well it's not like you can make something for me," I said snatching my jacket from her. I hung it back up, then turned to her as she still smiled. 

     "Can I try on the mask?" she asked. I groaned, taking it out of my bag and tossing it at her. When I turned back around she was nodding with a smile on her face. "Oh yeah." 

     "My god," I laughed walking over and taking it off her head. "You're a child." 

     "Don't blame me for being one," she said, sitting in my chair. "So you know Captain America?" 

     "Yeah," I shrugged putting the mask away.

     "Do you know Iron Man, too?" she asked and I nodded slowly. "That's awesome." 

     "Okay, look. Keep it low profile. We can't make a big deal out of this, it has to be secret," I said making Abby nod. 

     "Do I get a secret identity too?" she asked and I shrugged. 

     "I don't know, are you Hannah Montana?" I asked confused. 

     "No," she sighed with disappointment. I laughed, then walked to my door. I opened it, motioning for her to leave. 

     "I have to study for tomorrow's finals," I said making her nod. 

     "Right. Could you possibly, like-" 

     "No, I'm not gonna use my powers so you don't have to walk," I said, opening the door wider. She nodded, walking out of the room. I followed to make sure she left the apartment and almost fell over when I reached the leaving room. Mainly because Abby had stopped. Please don't be Tony Stark, please don't be Tony Stark. 

     "Oh, hello." GOD DAMMIT. 

     "H-Hi," I heard Abby say. This is not happening. 

     "I'm Tony," Stark said walking around the couch and holding a hand out to Abby. 

     "Abigail," she said nervously. 

     "And Abigail was just leaving," I said grabbing her and turning her to the door. "Don't tell anyone," I whispered, making her nod. Once she left, I ran to my dad's room to make sure that he wasn't here. And he's not. Thank god, he's still at work. After a quick sigh of relief, I walked back into my kitchen to see Tony messing with one of our vases. "What are you doing here?" 

     "Well, I've been thinking about what you wear when you fight," he said making me roll my eyes. 

     "Does everyone have a probably with it?" I asked leaning against the counter. 

     "Yes. But, I have a present for you since it's summer," he said making me nod slightly. Tony pulls up a brief case, opening it to reveal a black and silver suit that would fit tightly around my body. 

     "Holy shit," I muttered walking towards it. "Did you make this suit?" 

     "Yeah, I make suits for a living. You know that, right?" he asked making me nod. 

     "Yeah, but I thought they were Iron Man suits. Not Vanish suits," I said. I noticed all the other gadgets, making me furrow my eyebrows. "What are these?" 

     "Other weapons to help you if you ever need them. You know, in case someone tries to hurt you," he said making me nod slightly. 

     "This is great," I said stepping back in awe. "Wait, how did you get into my apartment?" 

     "That is for a different discussion. Have you seen your boyfriend?" Tony asked making me look over. 

     "I'm single," I said in a confused tone. 

     "Okay, I'm talking about Peter," he said making me roll my eyes. 

     "He should be back at his apartment," I said with a shrug. 

     "Great, I'll see you later, kid," he said making me nod again. 

     "Bye, Mister Stark," I said waving at him. After he left, I grabbed the brief case and walked to my room. As I inspected the suit, I took it out of the case to look at the entire thing. It was a one piece suit that I could easily wear under my clothes, and almost looks like Peter's new suits. Except it has an emblem of V across the chest. With probably the best font ever. 

          *****

     The suit. It fit perfectly. After taking it for a test run, I was very pleased and honestly didn't feel like an idiot. It was black with silver lines in it, and the mask black, but the area around the eyes was a silver and were perfect for me to see out of.

     The 'V' on the front is probably the best. It looked like it was fading as it went to the top. I don't think Tony Stark could've done a better job on the suit. This is perfect. 

~*~

I'm trying to convince my parents
to take me to see Homecoming again
just so I can have a good idea of what I want 
to do for this book. Like really mom and dad, come on.

But anyways. Thanks for reading if you did. 
I really like this chapter because it kind of reminds me
of when Ned finds out in the film. That was funny. 

Alright, bye, peeps.