#29 Jonathan Brown

Cisco's POV
Iris stormed out of the cortex angrily. What is wrong now?
I walk into the med-bay. A smile appears on my face. Barry and Caitlin were sleeping next to each other. He was hugging her and both were smiling brightly.
"If you wake them up or tell them that we know, I'm gonna turn you into a human popsicle.", Crys threatens from behind me in a low voice. I turn around. She and Frost were standing behind me. I nod and close the door behind me. Harry and I continue to discuss about a gadget I'm inventing.
Wally and Joe arrived at some point too. Then suddenly Barry comes out of the med-bay and walks over to his jacket.
"Hey son.", Joe greets him but Barry doesn't respond. He searches for something in his pockets.
"Barry?", Wally asks confused. He pulls out his handy and puts the earphones in.
"Is he sleepwalking?", I ask them as Barry walks back into the med-bay. We follow him.
"He did tell me once that he would often search for his handy and listen to music while sleeping. I thought he was joking.", Joe explains.

Barry somehow manages to start his music while sleeping and returns to sleep next to Caitlin. He hugs her and starts to smile. She buries her head in his chest.
<<Fitting like puzzle pieces.>>
"Truly.", I comment and the others look at me confused. We return into the cortex and continue with our work. At some point Barry walks out of the med-bay again, awake.

"And? How did you sleep?", I ask him and he looks at me. He looks embarrassed and blushes.
"Great. Umm...just great.", he stutters.
"You should go home. Everyone else is already. I'll take care of her. You should probably talk to Iris.", I say and he nods and leaves. I walk into the med-bay.

Caitlin was still sleeping but she was shivering. Why is she shivering? She's covered in layers of blankets. I walk over to her and carefully feel her temperature. God! She's fucking freezing! Is this because of her hypothermia or is there something else she isn't telling? Is this even healthy?
"Caitlin it's time to wake up.", I say but she groans and turns around. Time for bigger weapons.
"Caitlin! Barry got hurt!" She shoots up and looks around. Then she looks at me. She is angry.
"Sorry. Caitlin I have a question. I know a bit about hypothermia. You do have a form of it but the shivering is from something else, right?", I ask and she looks at me a bit scared."Can you tell me?"
She hesitates but then nods. She checks if she is wearing her necklace, which she is so she takes a deep breath. Her eyes turn completely white and mist starts to radiate from her hands. Then her eyes start to flicker and return to brown. The mist stops.
"You have your powers back, Caitlin!", I exclaim. But she is wearing the necklace. And her eyes were white, not blue.
"Not quite. I can only use them for a few seconds. When Crys gave me frostbite I got them back but they are not like before. I can barely get any sleep. I tried the necklace but it doesn't help.", she explains with a little sadness in her words.
"Maybe I can help. How about we try to find a solution?", I suggest and she nods.
"Want to work through the night?", she asks me.
"Yeah. Like old times."
"Like old times.", she whispers.

Barry's POV
I flash to Joes and knock. Iris opens but she doesn't look really happy to see me. "What do you want here, Barry? Joe, Wally and Cecile aren't here."
"I know. I wanted to talk to you. Can I come in?", I ask and she nods. We both sit down on the couch.
"Iris, I'm sorry for what happened between us in the last months. I never wanted us to go apart like that."
"Barry I too, never wanted this. I love you and I also never wanted to cheat on you with Eddie. I was just so happy that he was back and...and I'm just sorry, Barry. I never wanted to leave you. I just want you back.", Iris says sad.
I remember Caitlin's words 'Just go back to her. Make her happy. You both deserve to be happy after all.'. Maybe I really should go back to Iris. And Caitlin and I broke up after all.
"Iris. I forgive you.", I say and kiss her. She immediately kisses back. We move back after a while and Iris speaks up. "Barry, I won't be at Star Labs the next two days. I'll try to get my job as reporter back."
I nod. "Alright. I'll have to go now. Love you.", I say and give her a quick kiss and flash to my apartment. Me and Iris are back together. I think with a smile.