#27 Ice cream always helps

Barry's POV
Did that just really happen? Iris revealed that she cheated on me with Eddie. And at the time we were about to marry.
Then Caitlin just broke up with me because I still have feelings for Iris. That's not even true, right? I don't know anymore...Iris or Caitlin.
The woman I grew up with or the woman who always patched me up and cared for me?
I run to my apartment. It's still lonely. I let myself drop onto the couch and look around. On the table next to the couch stands a picture frame. It shows a picture of Iris and I. We both are smiling happily. I stare at the picture for a while.
I think I've made my decision...I'm going to try to fix our relationships. Then I will decide...

Caitlin's POV
"I believe you can't even create ice cream with our powers. It needs milk and some kind of taste.", I say as we walk over to my car.
"And? I will just freeze some hot chocolate and we have chocolate ice cream."
"I thought you went to school? And I know you went to med-school for a few years."
"We don't learn how to make ice cream there. And I didn't really pay attention.", Crys says as I drive us home. I shake my head.

I open the door. Home sweet home. "I'll search for the ice cream.", Frost says as she walks into the kitchen. I take off my jacket and shoes and put them away. Crys drops on my couch and I sit down next to her. I put my head on Crys shoulder.
"You two are the best family I could ever wish for. I finally found a new home where I actually feel welcome.", Crys whispers to me. I smile.
"You know, I did too. My world was always cold until I met my Ronnie. I know it sounds ironic now but he melted my ice. When he died the first time, my world turned cold again. That was until one day. The old dr. Wells told me and Cisco to take care of a man who was struck by lightning and was in coma. When Barry woke up and spent time at Star Labs he somehow managed to make me smile again. Even when Ronnie died again, he was always there. That's when I found my family. Cisco and Barry were my family but now I even have two theoretical sisters."

Frost walks in with three bowls of ice cream. She hands us ours and sits down next to Crys. "Wanna talk about it, Snowflake?"
"About what?", I ask hoping they don't know.
"Your break up with Barry of course. You think we don't know? Why did he break up with you?"
"He didn't break up with me. I broke up with him.", I answer sad.
"Wait. Why? I thought you loved him.", Frost answers shocked.
"I do. But didn't you see how he reacted when Iris told him she cheated on him with her ex? He was completely pissed and furious."
"And?"
"Well, he still loves her. He would always choose her. They are destined to be together. Even the news article said it."
"What article?", Crys asks confused.
"We have a article from the future. 2024 to be exact. 'Flash missing-Vanishes in crisis' written by Iris West-Allen."
"You poor girl.", Crys says and hugs me. "But can't we just change the future or is that impossible?"
"It is possible. We've already done it once. After Barry created Flashpoint, Savitar and Alchemy appeared as we told you. When Barry threw the philosopher's stone into the speedforce he saw the future. He saw Iris being killed by Savitar. He also found some news tickers so we hoped if we would change them the future changes too and Iris wouldn't die. We were able to change all except one. 'Killer Frost still at large'. In the end H.R. died instead of Iris.", I explain to her.
"Then why don't you just try? Maybe you can change it. And Frost and I will certainly help you. After all it's the job of big sisters to protect and help their little sister.", Crys announces smiling.
"Don't call me little. And if I would try it I would want to do it alone. Can I have more ice cream?"
"We don't have anymore."
"I can try to make some with my powers."
"Not in the kitchen! Go to the guest room. I still want to be able to cook there, you know."
Crys looks at me hurt but then starts to smile. "I'll try tomorrow."
We spend the rest of the day watching TV.

-Time-skip to the next morning at STAR Labs—-

We walk into the cortex. "We could have just bought new ones. You didn't have to freeze the whole room you know Crys."
"I was training, alright? And I even was able to make some."
"But it didn't taste like anything!"
"What's going on between you three again?", Cisco asks curios. We turn to him. He was the only one here.

"Crys froze the whole guest room."
"Why?"
"She wanted to make ice cream using her powers."
"You were the one who wanted ice cream so I made ice cream!"
"You didn't make ice cream! It had no taste!"
"You are fighting because of ice cream? You are like little kids.", Cisco says. We look at him angry.
"And who is always arguing with Harry about everything? And besides you are younger than us."
"Cisco, no. Frost, you and Crys buy ice cream after work. Crys, you can try it out in the guest room but let the ice melt first and don't freeze the whole room again, please.", I tell them.

We start to work. After a while I notice that Barry and Julian still didn't show up. "Where are Barry and Julian? I know Barry is always late but 3 hours?", I ask.
"Oh sorry, forgot to mention. Barry is working at the CCPD today and Julian, I don't know. Maybe too.", Cisco answers. I return to my work. Crys and Frost are still watching Netflix together. The hours pass with no metas or Barry or Julian showing up.

"Caitlin?" "Yeah, Cisco?"
"Can you teach me more sign language?"
"Sure.", I answer. "What do you want to say?"
"Can you at first teach me all our names and nicknames?", he asks and I nod. I begin to sign the names.
<<Caitlin, Cisco, Harry, Barry, Iris, Crys, Frost, Joe, Wally, Julian, Jessie, Flash, Vibe, Killer Frost, Kid Flash, Jessie Quick, Wolfie, Snowflake, Frost, British smartass, vibe boy.>>
He repeats all the names and we continue with normal phrases we often say like 'want to grab a coffee?' and alike.

Barry flashes in. "Hey guys." We greet him and continue with our things. Barry runs on the treadmill.

It was already dark when Cisco decided to leave and I told Crys and Frost to go home too so they could get the ice cream. Me and Barry stayed another two hours until I decided to go home too.

"I'll accompany you. A nice girl shouldn't walk home alone in the dark.", Barry says and after some hesitation I nod and we walk towards my house. It was actually really cold outside. Even for my circumstances.

"You're shuddering, Caitlin. Take my jacket.", Barry says throwing his jacket over my shoulders.
"Thanks but this won't help me. I'm always freezing like that.", I say and give it back to him.
"What do you mean? I know you said you have a form of hypothermia and the cold Crys caused felt normal to you."
"Well. Crys accidentally gave me a huge frostbite and that affected my hypothermia. I'm now freezing all day and night. Thanks for bringing me home, by the way.", I lie with the reasons  as I unlock my door.
"No problem.", Barry says and flashes away and I close the door behind me. Nobody downstairs so Crys and Frost are already sleeping.

Seconds later I hear a knock and open then door. Barry was standing there but he wore more comfortable clothes. "Can I come in?"
"Sure but don't make to much noise. Frost and Crys are already asleep.", I say and move out of the way. Barry enters.
"So what brings you back?", I ask him curiously.
"Could I maybe sleep here? Iris took the apartment and Joe has Cecile over."
"If you are okay with sleeping on the couch, you could. Crys froze the guest room.", I answer and he lets out a small laugh before nodding and laying down on the couch. "Night, Caitlin."
"Night Barry.", I answer as I walk upstairs and go to bed.

Of course I can't sleep again because who could sleep while laying on a pile of snow?! I close my eyes hoping I could finally sleep. After a while I hear my door opening. "What is it, Barry?"
"Your couch sucks. Can I sleep in your bed?", he asks.
"Sure.", I answer and make space for him. He lays down next to me and covers us with the blanket. I blush. Thank god it's dark.
"Why are you still awake? And why is your blanket so cold?", he whispers.
"I can't sleep because I'm freezing. I even tried ten layers of winter blankets but nothing helps."
"Did you try body heat?"
"No, why?", I ask. "Well..." He puts his arms around me from behind. Warmth rushes trough my body.
"Warm.", I mutter before I finally fall asleep. Sweet, warm sleep...