#24 Training gone wrong

Caitlin's POV
Felicity got me to have a girls night. She wanted to invite Iris too at first but then we told her what had happened. Frost and I explained everything about Charlie and all too. Felicity was completely shocked by it and immediately hugged me almost to death.
We decided to go to the karaoke bar Barry and I went to once when we were searching for Shawna Beaz alias Peek-a-boo.
"Four vodka, please."
"Snow?", the barkeeper asks and turns to us. Great he recognised me.
"Yeah?", I ask slightly annoyed.
"Why aren't you at your bar?"
"I quit."
"You worked in a bar, Caitlin?!", Fel asks me shocked. Frost and Crys chuckle.
"You want to mix a few drinks?", Eric asks me. I nod and walk behind the bar. I quickly mix four vodka special and hand them to Crys.
"Could you please cool them for 3 seconds?"
She nods and does it. I hand Frost and Felicity their drinks and drink my own.
"Great job, Caitlin. I'm impressed."
"Could you maybe jump in for me for a while? I didn't get a break. Your friends can drink for free in exchange.", Eric asks me.
"Just go and take your break, Eric. I'll do it."
"Snowflake I want the special one.", Frost orders.
I mix it and hand it to Frost, knowing she can handle it. Many guys who drunk it were out after a few minutes because it was too much for them.
"What was that drink, Caitlin?"
"A drink I created. It knocks out almost everyone."
"I want one too.", Fel begs.
"No. You aren't much of a drinker."
"Please. I can handle it. I swear."
"I won't take care of you if you have a hell of a hangover afterwards.", I say and she nods. I mix the drink and hand it to her.
She drinks it and looks at me surprised.
"That is pretty buzzing.", she says and sleeps on the bar. Crys snickers.
I serve all the guys who order for half a hour until Eric came back and we decided to go home.
Frost and I were completely sober and Crys was slightly drunk so we couldn't teleport. Felicity was sleeping on Frosts back. We took the bus home and I put Crys to bed while Frost took care of Fel.

—-Time-skip to the end of the week—-
Felicity had left two days ago. Barry wanted to train with me and Frost today. We were both a bit excited as we entered Star Labs. We greeted everyone and then walked into the speedlab. Barry and Crys were already waiting there.
"So, what are we supposed to do?", I ask while I put my jacket away. Now I have a tank-top and a pair of leggings.
"First of all some normal training. I want you to hit me. Frost can try to hit Crys."
"I don't want to hit her.", Frost complains.
"I don't want to hit you either.", I note.
"Just do it you two. I can handle it and Barry heals fast."
I hesitate a moment but then try to punch him. He dodges without using his speed. "Try again, Caitlin."
I repeat my punches a while but he always dodges. Frost and Crys do the same. I could use the trick Amunet used once. Maybe I can hit him then. I throw a feint and then quickly kick his knee from behind. Barry lands on his back and I sit on his stomach. I have my fist raised but then stop. I stand up and help him up.
"That was good, Caitlin. Where did you learn that?"
"Amunet. She used it against me once."
"Oh. I think we fought enough. Maybe we can now try your powers. Crys can try to use her bracelets to stop you if it goes wrong."
I hesitate but nod and Frost and I put our necklace and chocker to the side. We walk towards each other and bump our heads together but more carefully than last time.

3rd POV
Caitlin and Frost merge into each other. The cold aura appears again. Their appearance changes to the one of Killer Frost but this time. With blue/brown eyes.
"Did it work? Who is control?", Barry asks worried.
"Caitlin or Frost is.", Crys answers.
"I'm in control.", Caitlin says.
'Hey! I want to have fun with our powers too!', Frost complains in Caitlin's head.
'You can try them later, alright? We can take turns.'
'Hmpf. Alright.'
"You alright, Caitlin?", Barry asks her worried.
"I don't really know. I guess I'm okay."
"Try to freeze the targets, alright? It's possible that you don't loose control if you use them but we have to try first."
"Okay. Stop me if it goes wrong.", Caitlin says and turns to the targets.
She raises her hands and shoots a blast of cold towards it. The target freezes and then splitters. She repeats the action with the other targets until she comes to the last. She starts to freeze it but then stops and doesn't move.
"Caitlin?", Crys asks as she carefully walks towards her. Caitlin looks at her and Crys takes a careful step back.
Caitlin's eyes were flickering between white and brown. She looked worried.
"What's wrong, Crys?", Barry asks with worry.
"Caitlin is loosing control. She is trying to fight back."
"But Frost wouldn't do that, right?"
"No. This isn't Frost. This are her powers. I know you think that Frost is 'her bad side' but Frost was too, just loosing control."
"Wait. So what you are saying is that both, Caitlin and Frost, are loosing control? But why?"
"Our powers. It needs a strong will to resist them. They take what you fear and love the most and use it against you. I think both of them aren't used to fighting back after such a long time."
"How?"
"It's like a small voice that whispers to you and you get the urge to listen to it. When you get your powers at first, everything is fine. But when you start to use them more often and with no break between it, the whisper gets louder and louder. It goes silent when you listen to it but when you do it, you loose control."
"Then how do we know if one of you lost control? And why aren't you loosing control?"
"Power dampeners, remember? They shut it up. And Caitlin, Frost and I figured out that you can see at our eye color who is in control.

Completely brown means you didn't loose control for a larger amount of time.

Completely blue means it's the 'Frost' side of us.

White means our powers are in full control.

We can try to take back control but that takes a lot of energy for one person alone. It sometimes helps if you have your friends or family trying to talk you out of it."
"Then why aren't we helping Caitlin?", Barry asks a bit angry.
"Because she needs to know how to fight it on her own. Caitlin has one advantage that I don't have anymore. She still has Frost."
"What do you—" "I lost my Caitlin the moment Zoom killed Hartley. That gave her the last bit that she needed to completely break."
"Oh. I'm sorry, Crys.", Barry says understanding.

They turn their attention back to Caitlin who was still fighting. Then suddenly a small icicle slowly starts to form in her hand. Crys and Barry prepare themselves for a shot but what happens shocks them. Caitlin takes the icicle and rams it into her arm. She lets out a small scream and closes her eyes. Blood is streaming down her arm, dripping on the ground. Crys and Barry rush to her.
"Caitlin? Are you alright? Why did you hurt yourself?", Barry asks worried.
Caitlin opens her brown eyes and looks at Barry.
"I'm sorry...", she whispers and passes out. He catches her before she could hit the ground.