{17th Part of Benna's Journey}

It was summer now which meant no school. When we got home from the beach we all dried off and went to Hannah's. When we were all just sitting around and talking Miah pulled out a stack of rub on tattoos.

"Who wants a tattoo?" he asked, smiling at me. I smiled back and laughed to myself. Everyone scooched toward him and all of the girls fought over the elegant butterfly and a rose. I ended up with a rose and Miah put it on my shoulder blade. When we were done we all watched a movie tossing popcorn up in the air and trying to catch it in our mouths. When it was getting late everyone was laying on the floored, passed out from the long day, except for Miah and I. We were on the couch and I was leaning my head on his chest, tracing over the design on his shirt with my finger. When I looked up I noticed he'd been watching me and I smiled. He leaned in to kiss me, his lips soft and gentle. His one hand was on my neck and his other on my back. He pulled me up closer to him and when we parted I was out of breath. He looked right into me with his beutiful eyes but today, they looked different. They seemed to look so... empty. Like half of him wasn't even in there. I still wondered if that half was there still or if it was just invicible for that moment.

************************************************

"Okay Rick, so I was wondering if you wanted to draw the pictures for this book," I said to him as we all sat around at Starbucks, waiting for customers although it was about 1 o'clock and we didn't have any customers. Miah, Rick and I had all written my book with the slow morning. Rick was a great artist so I figured he wouldn't mind doing the pictures for my book.

"But of course!" he replied, smiling. Suddenly, the door opened quickly and in walked the guy that was bugging Briel and I that one day afterschool. He looked really pissed and had two of his friends behind him. He walked right up to the counter and slid his hand accrossed it, as everything fell to the ground. Miah immediately got right in front of me.

"Your little punk brother of yours was making out with my girlfriend!" he yelled.

"What do I have to do with that?" Miah asked. Immediately the guy grabbed by the collar, pulling him over the counter on onto the ground.

"I all ready owe you for messin' with me in the school year so now, I'll do this for yo brother too!" the guy siad, kicking Miah in the side. Moah grunted but then quickly stood up.

"Whatever problems you have you need to get over them, because there not mine!" Miah said. The guy punched him in the face and Miah fell into a shelf of ground coffee.

"Miah!" I cried. I began to run toward him when he put up a hand.

"Benna stay back, I don't want him to hurt you," he said but those were a bad choice of words. The guy walked up to me, grabbed my hair and pulled but when he started walking with a smirk on his face, my wig slid right off and into his hands. He looked down at the wig and it slid right out of his fingers as he stared at it. He stumbled backward and out the door. He tried grabbing things for balance. I barely noticed though because I immediately ran over to Miah crying as he sat up.

"Oh Miah!" I ran up to him and hugged him. "Are you okay?" I whispered.

He nodded yes, "Are you?" I nodded but continued to cry. I began to cough though, and was gasping for air. Rick quickly came over and the ambulance was here in a matter of seconds. He had pressed the emergency button when the boy walked in so the police would come. Miah scooped me up and carried me out to the ambulance. He told them what happened and then rode with me to the hospital.