4

Your POV:

The sun was high up in the sky, the earth was revolving around it, then why was my world turning upside down?

My eyes were swollen shut and my face was flushed, courtesy of every night for 3 days in a row. Yet I was still crying...

And I was still crying when I reached BigHit.

Honestly, I didn't think Bang PD-nim would go through with the trainee idea although it had me shaken. Jungkook lying was understandable. But what hurt me the most was his cold demeanor. Surely treating me like I took his career away wasn't right, was it?

All I did was love him from the depth of my heart and I didn't even get a proper break up.

Maybe he didn't love me...

And that made me feel like I was punched in the stomach and it left me winded.

Once in the dressing room, I saw BTS sitting on the couch. Oh they aren't gonna be a part of the press conference?

Only Jungkook and RM were in the dressing chairs.

As I entered, everyone looked at me... except Jungkook. Ouch.

"Hol- Y/n, what happened to your face?," Jin said as soon as he saw me.
"Huh? Oh, nothing," I said and a lone tear streaked my cheek as I glanced at Jungkook.

"You're worth the risk."

Jungkook's words echoed in my head and I shook it with a rueful smile. I guess I wasn't worth it after all.

"You look like you cried through the night," Jimin said and I looked at my hands.

"I'm fine," I said and looked at unnie.

"Okay we're on a clock so everybody go away. I have three people to work on and only an hour at hand," she said and I made my way to a revolving chair next to Jungkook.

I could see unnie struggling and glancing at the clock every now and then.

Looking at my face, I knew it would take a lot of effort to make me look presentable and she had two more people to doll up.

"I'll help," I said before even realizing what I'd said.

This time, everybody looked at me because that meant I would have to do Jungkook as unnie was doing RM.

"Oh.. kurae? (Okay). Thank you, y/n," unnie said, relieved but a little guilty.

I picked up a comb with a trembling hand and streaked it down Jungkook's hair who looked at me through the mirror.

Finally, he found the balls to look at the mess he made? Wuss.

As I came face to face with him for applying make up, something changed.

In the moment that I saw him look away as if he hated me, I knew I hated him. I hadn't cried this much since the first time Yoona went to a BTS concert and I cried in jealousy.

I get that he was having a hard time but he had a horde of fans to soothe him and take him back when he lied through his teeth about never having been with me. All I had was him. And even he didn't care.

I had thought new tears would spill when I see him this close up but I didn't feel anything.

There was a momentary disbelief on his face which was quickly changed into indifference again.

The same look he would have had every time he ignored my calls, I thought icily.

As I applied a little gloss over his lips, my hands trembled a little.

As all the memories came flooding back, I wanted to get away from him. I didn't ever want to be this close to him. I didn't ever want to do his make up.

I had my eyes shut tightly and my hand hand frozen mid air when the first thing that came out if his mouth was...

"Y/n?"

My name from his lips was my undoing.

I snapped out of my stupor and without a word, applied the damn gloss and said, with a finality to unnie but pretty sure Jungkook understands, "I'm done."

"Omo thank you, y/n! I'm done with RM too. I'll get started on you now," she smiled and I went back to my seat without glancing his way.

Even with my new resolve, my hands were drenched in cold sweat. The cameras were blinding my eyes as I stood backstage listening to the hustle.

All I knew was my life wasn't going to be the same and I wanted to run away.

This was the time I needed Jungkook...

Suddenly someone held my hand.

Jungkook!?

I looked over my shoulder to see Jimin smiling at me. "Don't panic. You haven't done anything wrong. Just be confident. They don't know you like we do and we know you're an awesome person. Always remember that, okay?"

Welling up with emotion, I nodded as he wiped a tear and laughed. "Don't cry. You may be awesome but smeared make up will make you look ugly."

Maybe I wasn't as alone as I thought I was.

I was seated between Bang PD-nim and RM. The moment we got into our seats, the cameras went crazy.

Bang PD-nim spoke as the crowd settled down and my squirming rested a bit.

"Miss, what is your name?," a reporter asked.
I looked at RM and he nodded.
"Y/n."

"Jungkook-ssi, are you dating this miss Y/n?," another asked Jungkook.
"No."

"What about the picture?"
Jungkook spoke, "y/n works as a staff at our company and as many ARMYs guessed, is the one who saved me from the anti-fan attack so over time, we became friends and that day I merely took her out as a thank you. I wouldn't date her, my fans know my ideal type," he smiled at the cameras as my heart that I was sure couldn't break anymore, broke some more.

"Miss, everyone was so curious about your identity after the attack yet the company hid it well before, why are they showcasing you now?"

"I believe that question is for our CEO to answer," RM said right when I was supposed to say "yeah I know right?"

"RM-ssi, did BTS know about this?"
"Know about that? There is nothing TO know. Y/n is like a family member to all of us. She's a dear friend and if there was something going on between them, they would have told you by now. So you all should accept that they're only good friends," he said serenely even though I knew he was pissed at them.

There was a silence as everyone got all the answers yet Bang PD-nim spoke finally.

"This girl here, is the one you photographed but there is nothing going on between these two. Y/n started out as a staff member at BigHit but I had always had my eye on her as a potential artist. So soon she became a trainee here and now, we'll introduce the girl group that we're about to debut soon."

There was a gasp.

It was me.

Vote, share and comment even though this update sucked 😂