Octopus Girl

I bring you an art piece that was inspired by Kasey Golden. She does this thing where a prompt is given and she creates something based in that theme; she invited her fans to participate as well. So this theme was octopus, and let me tell you: I don't draw octopi.

    I have made the occasion polmer clay tentacle, but that's about it. I don't think I nailed the texture down or the suction things on the tentacles. This girl was difficult, but I like the outcome.

 This girl was difficult, but I like the outcome

     The design started off with the dress. I knew I wanted her to have tentacles on the dress, so I did my best to do that. Then I worked on the hair. I didn't want  there to be tentacles everywhere, so I did sorta like a beehive hairstyle. Octopi have that kinda of head shape...I think. She looked a bit plain, so I added a pearl bracelet and conch shell accessory. She kinda looks like some sort of octopus princess.

    I am most proud of that right hand of hers. I tried looking for a reference but couldn't find the right one. So I just went straight for it and it turned out close to my vision. I also like the dress and how it looks, even if it isn't accurate. Lastly, I dunno if you can see, but I added freckles on her face and shoulders to represents the spotty-ness of an octopus.

That is the end of the octopi.

Bye.

P.S. I forgot how odd octopus eggs are.