Martial Arts

Hell yassssss.

    I finished the piece I talked about in the last chapter. Lemme just say, I am extremely happy with this piece.

    I tried a more complicated way of shading, which I think adds more depth

    I tried a more complicated way of shading, which I think adds more depth. I used a lot of references, from outfit design to posing to fabric wrinkles. Although this pose does make her look unproportionally (which it probably is), I still think I did a pretty good job, especially that foot. I had a little obstacle in the middle of sketching, where I searched up female martial arts uniforms. The pants are to the feet, but I decided to stick with the ones you see.

    Now for the background. I knew I couldn't just leave it a solid color, so I had to do a background. I chose a mountainous area since I thought about movies where the main protagonist would train with their master on mountains. Yea. I obviously need work on get rocky textures and shapes, since they look like gray blobs. But they're passable. I added the classic birds because the sky looked plain.

    Welp, that was enough rambling on. If I do do those other outfits I conjured up, I probably won't be doing something as complicated a this. Sure it would look nicer, but I don't think I'll finish it quick enough.

What do you guys think of this piece?