3 Marker Challenge: Primary

This seems to be my go to challenge when I have nothing to do.

    So I have done so many 3 marker challenges so far, and I decided to switch things up. Today I bring you a 3 marker challenge: Primary Colors Edition! First I pulled out my markers and separated the colors into red, blue, and yellow. I didn't include cremes or beiges in the yellow or pinks in the red.

Anyways I got the BEST colors. Totally great.

Yea no.

    The colors I got were vivid red, dark yellow, and cerulean blue. They were all mid tones and it was hard to have contrast. I wanted the girl I drew to have light skin, so my only choice was leaving her skin white.

 I wanted the girl I drew to have light skin, so my only choice was leaving her skin white

    I could have executed the color placement better, but I didn't. Some things I really like are her hair and her expression. Her face just makes her look so adorable! She looks so happy! Moving on, the hair turned out pretty okay; I first put a layer of red and then shading with blue. It produced a nice, dark purple color. Last thing is the bracelet with the star. I added it after the color was laid on, and I feel it really ties the whole drawing together, since her shirt has a star design.

    I feel like I rambled on long enough. It was nice to revisit this challenge again, and I might do more restricted 3 marker challenges; maybe secondary colors or monochrome colors.

That is all for today!