Chapter 20.

Darcy's p.o.v

Maddie and her mum will be here soon. I just finished getting ready. Skip went out. There was a knock on the door. I went to get it.

It was Maddie and her mum. I welcomed them. "Hey there! I'm Darcy's oldest brother, Beau. Very nice to meet you." Beau said shaking Linda's hand. She smiled.

"Linda, Maddie's mom." She said smiling. "I'm Luke!" Luke said introducing himself. "And I'm Jai. Nice to meet you both!" He said. They smiled, as we sat on the couch.

"Are you guys sure Maddie can be over?" Linda asked. Beau nodded. "Yeah, we'll give her a ride home as well!" He said smiling. Linda smiled, thanked us, and left. Maddie and I went up to my room.

We talked about so many things. "You should sleepover!" I said. "I'll ask my mom, you ask Beau!" She said. I nodded, and ran downstairs. I asked Beau, and he said yes.

"Beau said yes!" I said walking into my room. "So did my mom! She's bringing my stuff." She said. I smiled. Even though I have known here for three days, I feel as if I've known her my whole life.

We roasted marshmallows. I posted a picture of me and her.

'@darcybrooks: my best friend.'

We went upstairs and got ready for bed. Then, we fell asleep.

~~

Maddie's p.o.v

I spent the night at Darcy's and I'm happy I did. I know that I haven't known her for even a week, put it feels like I've known her forever.

We are eating breakfast. "I really like being at your house." I said. She smiled. "I really like having you over." She said. I smiled.

Darcy's p.o.v

After breakfast, Maddie and I went to the park, then her house. She has an older brother, about Beau's age. His names Taylor. He seems really cool.

We're up in her room. "Are you gonna start school here?" I asked. "Yeah, in two weeks. Aren't you homeschooled?" She asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. "You should ask your brothers if you can come with me, like be in school!" She said all excited.

I smiled. "I'll have to ask!" I said smiling. We took pictures with my Polaroid picture. We took so many! I gave her half, and I took half. I helped her put them on the wall.

Then I took a picture, and posted it.

'@darcybrooks: 📷💕'

"Darcy, your brothers are here." Linda said coming in. I nodded, and she left. I got my camera, and pictures. "Remember to ask your brothers about school! I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded and grabbed my penny board.

"See you tomorrow! Today was fun! Thank you!" I said hugging her. "Anytime!" She said walking me to the front door. There stood Beau. "Thanks for having her over." He said smiling.

"Oh, of course. She's such a joy to be around. Thanks for letting Maddie sleepover!" Linda said. We smiled, and with that, we got in the car. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to sign you up for school. You start in two weeks!" Beau said. I smiled. "Maddie's starting school in two weeks, too!" I said smiling. I pulled my phone out and texted her.

To: Maddie😊

We're going to sign me up for school! :)

From: Maddie😊

Omg, no way! Same here!

To: Maddie😊

Let's go school supplies shopping together? ☺️