Chapter Sixteen

A/n: First of all. My book reached 1K. That is amazing thank you to everyone who has read this book. Thank you for the love and support. Go check out my new book called to 'Protect Her' first chapter out already. Second chapter is coming sometime this week. Thanks so much. Okay I'll shut up and let you read the story now.

"You..where were you!!!!" Kara yelled at him. "First you don't show at the competition. Then you save everyone at the Washington momentum. Where were you?" Kara was so close to Peter that they were inches away from each other.

"I-I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself! I left the hotel to find those guys you told me not to go after and I got trapped in the place they store all the alien tech I couldn't find out the password Finally I got it and then I came as fast as I can because Ned had a explosive rock and that's what caused the elevator to drop and I went to save you guys. Then I came here." Peter took a breath after that long sentence. Kara instantly hugged him. Peter looked confused. Then Kara hit him in the chest.

"Ow!" Peter whined. "I deserved it didn't I."

"You had me thinking you got kidnaped or died in a ditch. God if you die I wouldn't be able to live without myself." Kara said sitting on the hotel bed. Peter sat beside her.

"Kara, I would never leave you without saying goodbye you know that. If your angry with me or not. Your my best friend."

"Peter. We need to talk about Germany. I want to know why you did it. Why you kissed me." Kara stood up at this point wanting to leave. She didn't know why she asked that question.

"I don't know. Maybe I like you. I don't know yet Okay. Can you just leave. Please."

"I'll leave. But just tell you what. I won't talk to you till you get your feelings checked out. Goodbye Parker." Kara said with tears filling her eyes.

"Kara wait." Peter grabbed her wrist and pulled her so that she was facing him. "I'm sorry. Don't cry." The urge to kiss her was hard, Peter had no clue what to do.

"Goodbye Peter." Kara said hugging him then she left.

"What did I just do." Peter sat on the bed.

Kara avoided Peter on the bus and the following week.

Kara was walking down the hall carrying a box of decorations for the homecoming dance when she caught a glimpse of Peter and Liz. Peter had asked Liz t to the dance Kara was heart broken.

Time skip two hours before the homecoming dance brought to you by quaksons.

"Kara you are going." Tony said.

"No! I'm not!" Kara yelled so her dad can hear her through the door. Kara had been pouting in the corner of her room.

"Don't make me come in there. You are going."

"No I'm not!" She yelled again.

"Friday unlock the door." Tony said to the AI.

The door unlocked and tony barged in. "You trader Friday." Kara said glaring at the roof.

"Don't scold Friday because he's trying to help you out. Now up into the closet and get dressed. You are going." Tony said pulling Kara to her feet and pushing her closet.

"I loathe you." Kara said before shutting her walk in closet door.

"You love me." Tony said. Ten minutes passed.
"She isn't coming out is she?" Tony asked himself when heard the soft sound of cry he grew concerned. "Kara? Are you okay? Open the door."

Kara opened the door. She was wearing the dress Peter help her pick out for homecoming two years ago yesterday she and Natasha went to get it. It reminded her of him. (Dress below.)

"You look wonderful

"You look wonderful. Were you crying? is this about Peter? He won't be ditching anyone tonight he doesn't have his suit. I took it away. Wait is Peter your date? In that case Friday-"

"No. He's not he asked another girl. I'm going with Michelle we are gonna hang out tonight I texted her. I'm gonna do my hair I'll be down in a minute." 

"Okay."

Kara did her hair in loose curls and put some light makeup. When she went down stairs Peter was at the door.

"Mr. Stark I um...was wondering if I can talk to Kara?"

"Uh. No...." tony said then shut the door.

"Dad!" Kara yelled before she ran to the door and opened it. "Peter?" Peter turned to see the girl he was looking for.

"Kara I'm sorry. I didn't know you wanted to go to the homecoming with me."

"Wait what?! Wh-who told you that?" Kara asked.

"Miche-" Peters voice trailed off as he saw Kara's dress he immediately blushed. "Actually bought it."

"Yeah. My best friend helped me pick it out two years ago. I decided I would get it." Kara said with a smile. Peter smiled back.

"Does this mean we are talking again for the fifth hundredth time." Peter asked.

"Ha ha very funny Parker. Okay fine. But Liz is probably waiting for you. I'll see you there." Kara said before waving at aunt May who was in the car waiting for Peter.

"Yeah of course. She You there stark." Peter yelled while running towards the car.

Kara waved at him before he got into the car. "Why does it have to be her?" Kara muttered to herself.